covid19 extension advice needed

Hi, I entered Thailand in February with a SETV, was then under the amnesty until 20th September, then on a 3 month non-o volunteer via agent which will expire next week.
1. Can I apply for a 60 day covid-extension?
2 When was my 90 day report due? So far, I didn`t submit a 90 day report, will I be fined if I apply for the covid extension without a 90 day report?

Just get a 12 months non-o volunteer via agent. Around 45,000 THB

Edit: If your current visa expires next week, and you haven't as of yet started the procedure to secure any other type of visa, you might be in a little bit of trouble. While technically you could request the 60 days covid extension, what reason will you request it based on? 

Edited by ctxa

OP, seems you opted for the agent to obtain you a non o (volunteering) only.

Most folk that did that also used same agent to obtain 12 month annual extension. Seems you did not. 

Prior to expiry of your current permission of stay date in your passport you could obtain 60 day extension based on covid situation.

You do not state where you currently are located. Also where the non O was issued.

Regardless of where the agent is located the non O could be issued elsewhere. KK is common. You would need to do a TM30 if for example applying for 60 day extension at MTT and your non O was issued in KK.

You would sign an affidavit provided by immigration.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, seems you opted for the agent to obtain you a non o (volunteering) only.

Most folk that did that also used same agent to obtain 12 month annual extension. Seems you did not. 

Prior to expiry of your current permission of stay date in your passport you could obtain 60 day extension based on covid situation.

You do not state where you currently are located. Also where the non O was issued.

Regardless of where the agent is located the non O could be issued elsewhere. KK is common. You would need to do a TM30 if for example applying for 60 day extension at MTT and your non O was issued in KK.

You would sign an affidavit provided by immigration.

This is all correct, also talked with the agent and was told 3 or 12 month extension still possible...if I just have to submit a TM30 and can apply in BKK I probably will go that route.

1 minute ago, steve1512 said:

This is all correct, also talked with the agent and was told 3 or 12 month extension still possible...if I just have to submit a TM30 and can apply in BKK I probably will go that route.

Depending how long you wish to remain in Thailand, I would consider obtaining the annual extension. That would need to be obtained by agent. It will cost but gives you next 12 months trouble free stay.

On the other hand if you only wish to stay for few more months then 60 day "covid extension" @1900baht might be better fit.

Personally I can't see any dramatic change in situation for first half of next year and (just a guess) the 60 day extensions will continue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve1512 said:

Isn`t a work permit required for 12 month volunteer? I wonder if having no work permit but a 12 month volunteer would not lead to some problems down the road.

I am planning on staying another 6 month or so.

Thanks for your suggestions.

That is why in previous post I stated that the 12 month extension would be obtained by agent. There will be no issues if you choose to engage agent. 

Alternatively obtain 60 day extension and hope they continue being issued ongoing.