K1 Supporting Documentation

I do not percieve this as a problem but need some reassurance before I send everything out.

I have my birth certificate, divorce decree, boarding passes, plane tickets, hotel receipts, etc. I scanned them into the computer and added them to Word Document files that had text explaining each item with a few sentences.

This is opposed to just a straight copy and then writing or typing on the copy.

Is this acceptable?? i.e. did anyone else do this and not have a problem?

Thanks for any feedback.

Dave

Dave,

You don't describe what you are using the documents for so it is really hard to advise you on what you need to do. I fail to understand why you think you have to explain the documents though. They should be self explanitory for most purposes.

If you are providing information to Thai officials they usually require the original be shown, and a signed copy is then allowed to be used in the processing of your requests and you can retain the original.

I sent copies of those items when applying to US Govt for the papers there to allow Thai Sweetheart process to begin, but had each one notarized and then kept the originals myself, and there was no problem with that process.

Good Luck with your efforts.

I don't perceive a problem either. There's not that much difference in the technology these days between copying and scanning anyway. I believe I have read that for your application you can submit copies, but the originals have to be available if requested. You are doing a good job by taking that one step further by having the copies notarized.

I wish you good luck. I presume you're just getting started with the Form I-129F ?

From all the accounts read here, this part of the K1 process is not that hard. The hard part is your fiance's interview at the Embassy in Thailand. The strangest thing to me about the whole process is that its not Americans who decide which Thais can get into America, but the Thai citizens who work at the Embassy. :o

Take a look at the VISA FAQ on www.visajourney.com.

kenk3z

The strangest thing to me about the whole process is that its not Americans who decide which Thais can get into America, but the Thai citizens who work at the Embassy. 

I don't believe this is true. I have never seen anyone say the interview or the decision was made by anyone other then a Consular Officer.

TH