Mystery document to complete

This may help someone else, and also if anyone has any idea about the following I would be grateful.

Just called at Nonthaburi Immigration for a Proof of Residence document as part of the requirements for renewing a driving license.

I had a

Completed application form.

originals of :

Passport (+ copy of Retirement visa, main page and Arrival/departure card)

Wife’s ID card (+ signed copy)

3 Photos,

Blue Book (+ signed copy)

and

Receipt for TM30

Receipt for last 90 day report

Reception then handed me a document (pic below) that has no Document ID no. and as it was written in Thai, I presumed (because she didn’t make it clear) this had to be completed by a Thai. So I went back home and the wife completed it.

So, anyone know what it is because I cannot find any reference anywhere on the Immigration website, and what happens if you don’t have a wife/girlfriend here. Who is supposed to complete it, as the only other person I can think of is landlord / property owner and then what purpose is the TM 30?

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 15.22.59.png

9 minutes ago, DaLa said:

This may help someone else, and also if anyone has any idea about the following I would be grateful.

Just called at Nonthaburi Immigration for a Proof of Residence document as part of the requirements for renewing a driving license.

I had a

Completed application form.

originals of :

Passport (+ copy of Retirement visa, main page and Arrival/departure card)

Wife’s ID card (+ signed copy)

3 Photos,

Blue Book (+ signed copy)

and

Receipt for TM30

Receipt for last 90 day report

Reception then handed me a document (pic below) that has no Document ID no. and as it was written in Thai, I presumed (because she didn’t make it clear) this had to be completed by a Thai. So I went back home and the wife completed it.

So, anyone know what it is because I cannot find any reference anywhere on the Immigration website, and what happens if you don’t have a wife/girlfriend here. Who is supposed to complete it, as the only other person I can think of is landlord / property owner and then what purpose is the TM 30?

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 15.22.59.png

Google Lens says it is Certificate of Conset for Residence.............whatever that means.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Google Lens says it is Certificate of Conset for Residence.............whatever that means.

Would guess it says basically that ur wife or whoever fills it out witnesses that you live at that place and everything is correct.

Basically vouching for you really living at the address

15 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Would guess it says basically that ur wife or whoever fills it out witnesses that you live at that place and everything is correct.

Basically vouching for you really living at the address

Okay.  I understand what you are saying here. But  what if I live in a company house by myself.  Who do I get to complete the form then. And as my thai shareholders don't know if I live there they wouldn't be able to complete the form.  

This form in Thai is for house master (wife, landlord etc.) to verify your current address for the purpose of applying or renewing your driving licence.

It's equivalent to the offical Land Transport Office letter addressed to the Head, Immigration office, to issue a residence certificate.

You can alternatively approach your area LTO to obtain such letter by showing them your current expiring soon driving licence. Hope this will help.

This appears to be a local form invented by the Nonthaburi immigration office, since "Nonthaburi province" is already printed as part of several fields. It's to be completed by the house master (presumably as listed on the household registration), who doesn't necessarily have any personal relationship with the foreign tenant. It basically just gives her name and identifying info and yours, and says that you want a residency certificate in order to get a driver's license (the other check boxes are for "buying/selling a car or motorcycle" or "transferring a car or motorcycle").

Would it not be better to try to obtain a yellow book----- it will do for all circumstances ---I just renewed my D/L... 2 other farangs who didn't have one chuffed off to the Amphur to try to get Proof of Residence document.

Were you advised to go to IO and not Amphur?

Have just renewed my driving licence at the Nonthaburi office having previously visited MTT in order to have them send a confirmation letter to my home address. Presented said letter at Nonthaburi together with my passport. After watching the training movie and passing the various aptitude tests I received my new licence. Never saw the form to which you refer.

This is a document which the Nonthaburi immigration office made up on their own.

They basically want the landlord/housemaster to confirm that they allow you to get a certificate of residence for their place.

You most likely got this because you didn't present a rental contract or at least some kind of paper where your wife states that you are living there.

Archived