Quarantining ? These are my thoughts.

lovethai123

Hi!

I am not a doctor or a scientist. 

There are contradictory  reports about  the spread of Covid via the air conditioning system and you can read them online. There have been a few reports of people being found positive in the ASQ hotels. I am not implying that the ASQ hotel's airconditioning system can spread of the virus because if that was the case everyone there would be found positive including all the staff. 

If I were to travel to Thailand and the ASQ , then I would first ask the hotel if they could provide me  a fan. In case they are unable to do so, I would order one online ($20-30) and send it in my name to the hotel. Again this depends on the hotel if they deliver it to my room as I am quarantined.  

I would totally avoid the airconditioning and depend on the fan for the 14 days. 

Note: If the airconditioning is stand alone unit for every room then it is  fine. If it is central airconditoning then I would not take the risk.

Again I am not implying that the air conditioning systems can spread the virus. Nor I have the capacity to do a research on this.  These are purely my thoughts. Not trying to spread any misinformation.

Read these :-

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/08/15/897147164/can-air-conditioners-spread-covid-19

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/can-air-conditioning-spread-covid-19

We can read these articles and other info about this and argue. I am only mentioning what I would do in case I was in the ASQ. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

You "believe" or you know? 

I believed when I made the post as I thought I'd heard it mentioned but wasn't sure of the source or it's reliability.

I know now because I looked up some of the requirements.  With the help of Google translate I got:

1.3) The patient's room must be a separate air-conditioned room or not
 a common cold air duct system.
  • Thanks 1

A/c is not what to worry anout.

It is various indoor surfaces. Virus has been recovered from door knobs and gym exercise equipment in ASQ hotels and there have been other infections occurring while in ASQ fir which source was not found (I would suspect things like faucet knobs in the bathroom etc). 

Come armed with rubbing alcohol and disposable gloves. As soon as you reach the room  wipe down all such surfaces carefully while wearing gloves then discard the gloves.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

A/c is not what to worry anout.

It is various indoor surfaces. Virus has been recovered from door knobs and gym exercise equipment in ASQ hotels and there have been other infections occurring while in ASQ fir which source was not found (I would suspect things like faucet knobs in the bathroom etc). 

Come armed with rubbing alcohol and disposable gloves. As soon as you reach the room  wipe down all such surfaces carefully while wearing gloves then discard the gloves.

Totally agree.

The passengers should come with enough sanitizers. Put it in a small spray bottle and spray it on door knobs, wardrobe handles, bathroom knobs , taps etc. 

But be careful about the wooden paint. Spraying might damage the paint. 

Another way is to wash anything in bathroom yourself with a soap. Taps, faucets etc.  Bring your own soap. 

3 hours ago, XBroker said:

So people still quarantine for 14 days just for the privilege of staying there?

I don't think that a genuine tourist would quarantine. Imagine the damage to the economy virus has already done. Now, Someone going for holidays. Spending thousands for ASQ, Insurance etc. NO NO.

People who are staying in ASQ are probably working there or have a family. 

I would consider going to Thailand (to meet my Thai GF) , if the quarantine is up to 7 days. I