Soi 6 Bars Closed

bazmlb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quiet a few bars in soi 6 were closed today, word was it was a police issue, can anyone shed any light on what happened?

most near 2nd rd end like corner bar

oooooo nooooooo.....!!!!!! the end of mongers world is nigh.

relax. coronation day was officiallly last saturday and several establishments (including the immigration police) chose to take a working day or 2 off. this and the fact that it's low season.

There was a piece in the Pattaya City News about police raids checking, amongst the usual, licenses. Apparently about ten bars were found without the correct "paperwork" and closed down.

I guess the Songkhran "donations" to the BiB party fund have run out. :o

It just so happened that I had an out of date library book, so in lieu of the rumoured demise of the fair Soi, I decided to return the book, post haste, in order to avoid multiple fines.

Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to advise that all the outlets providing refreshment, succour and entertainment in that so learned of streets were as 'flourishing' as ever.

In fact the only 'problem' was a dearth of book borrowers. Undoubtedly a good time to do some bulk discount deals on the latest releases. :D

My first visit to the Sportsman's Bar. Very nice, very clean, and good, reasonably priced food.

Good views too, if you take the window table. :o

My first visit to the Sportsman's Bar. Very nice, very clean, and good, reasonably priced food.

Indeed Mobi, the Sportsman does very good food...............

I'm only replying in this thread as I nearly had a cardiac arrest when I saw the headline .............................." Soi 6 Bars Closed ".

As a regular patron of Soi 6 (due to my research on sex tourism), I was greatly disturbed at such a headline, and was in fear that my main research facility was being closed down.

I am due back for another field trip in 5 - 6 weeks to continue my work, thanks for letting me know all is normal. :D

Edited by Maigo6

It just so happened that I had an out of date library book, so in lieu of the rumoured demise of the fair Soi, I decided to return the book, post haste, in order to avoid multiple fines.

Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to advise that all the outlets providing refreshment, succour and entertainment in that so learned of streets were as 'flourishing' as ever.

In fact the only 'problem' was a dearth of book borrowers. Undoubtedly a good time to do some bulk discount deals on the latest releases. :D

If you take Mobi's advice get a seat looking toward 2nd rd as my view looking toward beach rd only revieled a row of empty seats. :D Maybe if there were people looking for the library the seats would be full of tour guides.

As you know Mobi I was a great patron of the Sportsman when I lived there. The full English breakfast is the best in Pattaya.

The only problem is being attacked by the ladyboys!!!!!

The Libary hmmm.

Cheers Tony

Quiet a few bars in soi 6 were closed today, word was it was a police issue, can anyone shed any light on what happened?

most near 2nd rd end like corner bar

I was told the raids were about CCTV systems installed in the St rooms

not having the pause and reply features working correctly.

Also the USB printer hook up was defective at some venues.

This was hampering the souvenir photo option when leaving the venue.

(Not so good for punters).

So licences were revoked on the spot.

Manual systems were implemented after a few tense moments.

:o

Just to keep all you avid members of the library up to date the Soi was raided again last night about 11pm, no reports of any books being taken but there was certainly a pick up or two full of girls and them that wanna be girls!! :o

Just to keep all you avid members of the library up to date the Soi was raided again last night about 11pm, no reports of any books being taken but there was certainly a pick up or two full of girls and them that wanna be girls!! :o

What did they pick them up for?

Underage, no IDS, or on drugs???? Funny enuf was about when a raid occurred in march coming from Aquanauts and throng reporters out there and I asked one of them what was going on and this was what he said.

Thats correct Brit, also if its the bar and not girls there after ( CCTVs Licences etc ) they take the cashier from each offending bar to Soi 9, the owner then has to pay about 50000 Bt to get her out. Cashier then appears in court and gets fined, owner pays then takes receipt to Soi 9 and picks up balance , if any!!.

Had noticed last night walking down 6/1 all the bars down there were in darkness. It wasn't a power cut as there was the odd naked light as oppossed to how they are normally lit?

So does anyone know if this is a result of another raid or what?

Just to keep all you avid members of the library up to date the Soi was raided again last night about 11pm, no reports of any books being taken but there was certainly a pick up or two full of girls and them that wanna be girls!! :D

there are girls picked up at any time in Soi 6 (a not-so-close friend told me) ...what' so special about it? :o

On my last trip I saw a shopping centre thingy is being built there. High end retail etc. I would guess it is only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in and bye bye Soi Six. :o

I'll sue the shopping centre, then.

Bet there'll be a lot less spent in the shopping centre than is spent there now.

Where on earth to go in the afternoons? Soi LK Metro? Very poor compared to Soi Yodsak.

It is with great sadness :o that I must announce the closure of a total of 9 Bars in Soi 6 for 60 Days ( not that I go there often, I live next door and walk the dog that way!! ) all have police notices outside.

It is with great sadness :o that I must announce the closure of a total of 9 Bars in Soi 6 for 60 Days ( not that I go there often, I live next door and walk the dog that way!! ) all have police notices outside.

Which ones and why mate? (no CCTV????) :D

Any chance of changing that to 30 days? My R&R starts in mid-June.

Hi Brit, No CCTV, no or incorrect licence, I think they had all had at least 1 warning!

Hi Brit, No CCTV, no or incorrect licence, I think they had all had at least 1 warning!

CANT GET USED TO THIS DONT KNOW WHERE TO WRITE??

ANYWAY i can only speak for myselfe as i have a bar on soi 6, we were closed for 60 days for not having a bar open licence which i have never heard off, and which i put my hands up is through ignorance on my behalfe, my cashier was kept in overnight till 6am.

Mr basset, i think i do see you walking your dog which is nice to see, the bit about being warned ,is for me, not as in as mutch as the police might have come in to the bar , (as you could), and leave a message for me and to be fair to the staff, i would never get that message in a month of sundays, ive got more chance of getting that message of your dog!!

we have just been to a very important meeting at the town in town from the people at F.A.C.T and every thing came back all the speak the girls talked about was not what it said in the papers i had translated! but im only a newbie here and learning day by day.

But could have been mutch worse, but we, as are others, hoping everyday things may change, to all who love soi 6 there are still about 40 bars to chose from so dont stay away as this will damage the things you like about soi 6! the girls might leave and bars might close, so try call off and have a beer.

many thanks.

chris.

On my last trip I saw a shopping centre thingy is being built there. High end retail etc. I would guess it is only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in and bye bye Soi Six. :D

Richard

Maybe someone has picked up on my suggestion to build a "sin" city out in the boonies now that a city isn't going to be built around the sirport. So it'll maybe be off to the boonies for you all.

:D:o:D:D