Soi 6 Bars Closed

bazmlb

On my last trip I saw a shopping centre thingy is being built there. High end retail etc. I would guess it is only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in and bye bye Soi Six. :D

Richard

Maybe someone has picked up on my suggestion to build a "sin" city out in the boonies now that a city isn't going to be built around the sirport. So it'll maybe be off to the boonies for you all.

:D:o:D:bah:

Dont forget we still have the Libary and the Sportsman there. so Im told :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with great sadness :o that I must announce the closure of a total of 9 Bars in Soi 6 for 60 Days ( not that I go there often, I live next door and walk the dog that way!! ) all have police notices outside.

Which ones and why mate? (no CCTV????) :D

Hi Brit, No CCTV, no or incorrect licence, I think they had all had at least 1 warning!

Basset,

Could you take time to confirm if the Thumbs Up is among those closed? My wife just started work there a few weeks back and hope she has managed to dodge that bullet. I am out of the country for the time being in sponsor mode.

Basset,

Could you take time to confirm if the Thumbs Up is among those closed? My wife just started work there a few weeks back and hope she has managed to dodge that bullet. I am out of the country for the time being in sponsor mode.

Oh my - Your wife just started working there??? :D Dare I ask what sort of job she has??? :o

It is with great sadness :D that I must announce the closure of a total of 9 Bars in Soi 6 for 60 Days ( not that I go there often, I live next door and walk the dog that way!! ) all have police notices outside.

Hi Brit, No CCTV, no or incorrect licence, I think they had all had at least 1 warning!

Basset,

PM me her name and bar and I'll check up on her for you. :o

On my last trip I saw a shopping centre thingy is being built there. High end retail etc. I would guess it is only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in and bye bye Soi Six. :D

Richard

Maybe someone has picked up on my suggestion to build a "sin" city out in the boonies now that a city isn't going to be built around the sirport. So it'll maybe be off to the boonies for you all.

:D:o:D:D

The shopping centre thingy is in fact a 3 storey block of beer bars with a swimming pool in the centre!!, dont know who the life guards will be!!! Brit?

It is with great sadness :o that I must announce the closure of a total of 9 Bars in Soi 6 for 60 Days ( not that I go there often, I live next door and walk the dog that way!! ) all have police notices outside.

CANT GET USED TO THIS DONT KNOW WHERE TO WRITE??

ANYWAY i can only speak for myselfe as i have a bar on soi 6, we were closed for 60 days for not having a bar open licence which i have never heard off, and which i put my hands up is through ignorance on my behalfe, my cashier was kept in overnight till 6am.

Mr basset, i think i do see you walking your dog which is nice to see, the bit about being warned ,is for me, not as in as mutch as the police might have come in to the bar , (as you could), and leave a message for me and to be fair to the staff, i would never get that message in a month of sundays, ive got more chance of getting that message of your dog!!

we have just been to a very important meeting at the town in town from the people at F.A.C.T and every thing came back all the speak the girls talked about was not what it said in the papers i had translated! but im only a newbie here and learning day by day.

But could have been mutch worse, but we, as are others, hoping everyday things may change, to all who love soi 6 there are still about 40 bars to chose from so dont stay away as this will damage the things you like about soi 6! the girls might leave and bars might close, so try call off and have a beer.

many thanks.

chris.

Dont worry Chris me and the dog will be back for that walk as soon as your sorted, meanwhile were hanging around a bus shelter!!

Richard

:D:D:D:bah:

The shopping centre thingy is in fact a 3 storey block of beer bars with a swimming pool in the centre!!, dont know who the life guards will be!!! Brit?

Hmmm I wonder if my qualifications are still good? Better yet will Ms Brit allow me to take the position? :o

Basset,

Went walkabout down soi6 last night and Thumbs Up was open.

I understand why bars are now being checked regards the requirement to have CCTV. The issue to to with bars holding the correct licence has been around for a long time.

I wonder if the serving of notices preventing service provision is new and also is there some hidden agenda by City Hall about the demise of soi 6 as we know it? :o

anyone noticed the increase in girls and LB hanging around walking street at night, I would suspect many of them worked in the soi 6 bars that are now closed, I know a couple of them and that is what happened to them, the bars they worked in closed, suprising thing here is I know for a fact one of them was Thai owned

Basset,

Went walkabout down soi6 last night and Thumbs Up was open.

many thanks begsaresponse. all i needed to know was if it is still open and you confirmed that.

all these other people asking what she does and her name so they can go check. they think i was born yesterday?

if you must know, she's the sommelier. pretty good restaurant by all accounts!

I am shocked at the number of posters who ONLY use Soi 6 for pedentary purposes.

And Begsie if you need a dictionary I would suggest you go to the library !

John,

I can't find pedentary in my dictionary. Were you trying to write 'pedantic' by any chance?

Edited by Barryz

I am shocked at the number of posters who ONLY use Soi 6 for pedentary purposes.

John,

I can't find pedentary in my dictionary. Were you trying to write 'pedantic' by any chance?

I would have thought he meant 'walking'.

Either walking to the library, walking the dog, walking to the Sportsman or just plain strolling down the street - catching rays and vibes.

(You can catch other things - but this is a family show!)

John,

I would have thought he meant 'walking'.

Either walking to the library, walking the dog, walking to the Sportsman or just plain strolling down the street - catching rays and vibes.

(You can catch other things - but this is a family show!)

I see, so John was really searching for the word 'pedestrian', right? :o

John,

Hmm.... I wonder who's being pedantic? :o

John,

i think he alludes to those on foot patrol rather than those annoying tossers in fortuners with tinted windows that kerb crawl window shop slowly, forcing those (or so i have heard) further into the darkest recesses of said library.

i think he alludes to those on foot patrol rather than those annoying tossers in fortuners with tinted windows that kerb crawl window shop slowly, forcing those (or so i have heard) further into the darkest recesses of said library.

More likely to force them into the arms of hovering katoeys :D:D

I also think its great way to get down to beach road,,,best short cut in town.

Cheers

soihok

Basset,

Oh my - Your wife just started working there??? :D Dare I ask what sort of job she has??? :o

I thought Thumbs UP was a RESTAURANT and I was told it had moved to near Bamboo on Pattaya Tai near the demolished Pier. Will have to check it out if it has moved, as the food was always good there!

Edited by me: Having looked at later posts, it looks like I was wrong and I am thinking of the wrong place. :D

Edited by grahamhc

Basset,

I thought Thumbs UP was a RESTAURANT and I was told it had moved to near Bamboo on Pattaya Tai near the demolished Pier. Will have to check it out if it has moved, as the food was always good there!

Edited by me: Having looked at later posts, it looks like I was wrong and I am thinking of the wrong place. :D

Think you're right about it being a restaurant (as against the other types of eatery in the Soi) but up by Bamboo? I like Bamboo, but have not heard that there was any change in the other places around it.

Basset,

Indeed, up until about a month ago Thumbs Up was a restaurant.

Just a few months ago the restaurant was remodeled; transformed from a utilitarian chrome & Formica eating estabishment, whose large glass windows offered a nice view of the chubettes at the Viking Bar just across the soi, into a closed-in box with leatherette booths and "hardwood" floors. The remodeling took forever, even by TIT standards, and evidently was to be paid for from future earnings as on reopening the menu was essentially the same but the prices were way up. Brekkie went from 115 baht to 150 and the Thai dishes jumped 30-50%, so that they were attempting to compete with the Sportsman just up the soi.

Given that the base clientele were cost conscious farangs - aka "Cheap Charlies" in some circles - this price restructuring insured a serious lack of customers. Two tables occupied at the same time could be said to be an overflow. And the price increase also killed their take out trade with the Thais. Seems to me the Thai owner should have left well enough alone.

Anyway the place was sold and in April became a bar.

-redwood