Do you feel like an immigrant or an expatriate ?

ICELANDMAN

On 12/17/2020 at 10:08 AM, Pilotman said:

I see myself as an international man of mystery.  I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you.  ????

Seriously, I see myself as neither; I am on an extended holiday. 

Me too. Since I own nothing and stay here at the pleasure of the Thai government (and the wife). Both the expat and immigrant has rights...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

If you go to Malaysia " The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H)" you can get the right of permanent stay ten years after renovated automatics if the conditions no changed.

I'm actually happy being an expat in Thailand for now. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Why, what's going to happen? All my funds are outside Thailand except a small house and a small four year old car, why worry? 

No need for any worry, but what guarantee do you have you can continue to live in your small house and drive your four year old car here, in the future.    Hint:  the answer isn't 800k in a Thai bank or 65k transfers every month.   ????

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

No need for any worry, but what guarantee do you have you can continue to live in your small house and drive your four year old car here, in the future.    Hint:  the answer isn't 800k in a Thai bank or 65k transfers every month.   ????

I have never listened to pessimists who keep saying that Thailand will kick out farang. And revolution won't happen, maybe a change of government (again). So what? 

You are, making dark and slightly silly hints at what you want to say., but I don't believe you have anything concrete in mind at all.... 

Asking for guarantees? Who would be green enough to believe you can do that in any life? 

As you said, no need to worry. 

Yesterday, I got a wonderful Christmas present, my certificate of Naturalization. Enquiring about a discounted BTS card, the guy behind the window called me an alien and the guard wouldn't speak to me -after I asked him a question, replied to my wife. As a farang, I will always be thought of as an alien, although I'm not. 

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

what guarantee does anyone have of even being alive next year?

as long as uk pensions are paid, i have enough to live in a 3rd world country.

some countries get less foreigner friendly, some get more.

life is about adapting to changing conditions.

i feel like a tourist having a long tropical SAGA holiday in Thailand, and life is great.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

................or a 25 K yearly under the counter payment to those nice guys at Immi

On 12/17/2020 at 10:14 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

I'm past caring now what the locals think of me.

I keep myself to myself and will keep it that way.

I ignore just about everybody these days, locals and expats alike. 

and please do not think that your choice is not appreciated ... 

said in humor,  LPF

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

what guarantee does anyone have of even being alive next year?

as long as uk pensions are paid, i have enough to live in a 3rd world country.

some countries get less foreigner friendly, some get more.

life is about adapting to changing conditions.

i feel like a tourist having a long tropical SAGA holiday in Thailand, and life is great.

OMG...He's back !   hahahaha

did you agree to get vaccinated with the dreadid  BBG...LTW  poke in the heart ?    

Better Be Good .....Last Time Warning             i know the feeling .....................

I feel like a Stranger in a Strange Land.   Fortunately I manage to keep away from Ugly Americans as much as possible.   For the last year I have been waking up feeling disoriented.  Somehow I keep thinking the year is 1984.

No longer am i the Lone Ranger .   THEY  are everywhere !!   

I have not had sex with any of my GF's as they all insist on masks covering any possible entry point where the atmosphere or my stethoscope might enter.   Getting so bad that I called a meeting ( well, sent a FB message out)... calling is sooooo old school, you know.   I called on all the living Animal Farm inhabitants to rise up and

take back the land .  Too late .  Any Call to Arms  is immediately censored by the  Wag the Dog team.  And believe me, they are wayyy beyond 5G.     Word is they have 10 G or more capabilities ( well, according to the usual conspiracy theorists). 

So all in all life is a bowl of cherries.   My meds come here punctually,  delivered in record time by the ruling BigFarma Party.    I voted for the BFD party,  but haha   was does it matter ?     Sticky rice and lop isaan today.

It is Saturday ,  the sun is shining,   and news is out that the PTB  are letting us out for an extra half hour today.

Yaaaa    Hooooooo !