Do you feel like an immigrant or an expatriate ?

ICELANDMAN

An expatriate would be the closest description of me I guess, although the uncertainty and temporary nature of my visa/extensions would suggest I'm more appropriately described as a long term visitor.

33 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:
1)  expatriates are those who plan to stay a certain period of their life in Thailand

relating to people who do not live in their own country:

I can never be an immigrant.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

In Thailand and when going to the Thai Immigration office, you feel guilty until proven innocent.

I don't.

But if you do, maybe you should use an agent.

PS: Agents come in two flavors. Those that simply do the work for your and the other sort that does ALL the work for you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Hehe, you’re never an immigrant. You’re always on “extensions of stay”, for which you must beg and grovel, with more and more ridiculous paperwork each time. They even go so far as to call it a NON-immigrant visa, just in case you forgot.

Did you just get "stranded" here a few months back?

• Haha 1

I feel like a sex tourist, or at  least thats how Im treated.....could be my being so hansum! ????

Will also accept being a Target aka ATM....the thais have taught me well on the art of being street smart

Many Ive met say I should write a book about my time in LOS..The title?  Welcome to the Hustle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

I feel like a sex tourist, or at  least thats how Im treated.....could be my being so hansum! ????

Will also accept being a Target aka ATM....the thais have taught me well on the art of being street smart

Many Ive met say I should write a book about my time in LOS..The title?  Welcome to the Hustle.

If one acknowledges they are an ATM, and know when to have it open and shut, they are a fair way to being content in Thailand.

One does not have to be hansum here. I still get propositioned occasionally, and no-one could call me that. I've seen guys that are as ugly as a hatful of bums, with absolute stunners attached to them.

I have a head start, my book is currently 227,000 words.

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As a naturalized Thai citizen, can one still be an expat. I may have to leave this forum as it's for expats ???? 

There seems to be plenty of room for all kinds, don't worry about it.

• Like 2

Why does everything have to be grouped and labelled. I am here because this is where I choose to be right now, some might say an extra long extended holiday, but when and if I no longer want to stay I will move on. It's that simple

• Like 2