COE brick wall

1 minute ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

January 11 re-uploaded documents and received email "Your travel confirmation has been received".

That is the same message I got after uploading my documents. I'm just checking back every couple of days. I'm also flying the last week of January

15 hours ago, Crazedmonk said:

I used Safetywing aka Nomad insurance and not a problem. They accepted it, visa letter printout super easy to get too.

--

Rather just go on visa exempt and snag a volunteer visa straight out of quarantine for a year.

Hi there,

Did you get insurance for the three months?  Was your cost around 3000 a months?  Thanks.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Suphawk said:

Maybe they are looking at the travel date and waiting until the date is closer before completing the COE. Maybe?

There have been several reports of getting the COE within a few hours of application. But none that I have seen that were issued from DC. I'm still waiting to see a report of anyone getting a COE from DC since Jan 1.

People also seem to have good luck from LA. I'm working with Chicago and after waiting 3 weeks for my Visa approval I had a good turn around from the time I sent in my Passport to the time it was returned , but now I'm stuck on the COE train.

I've been following the bad situation people are having with DC , where people have sent in their passport for a Visa and still waiting, not a good feeling for sure.

1 hour ago, Winegeeker said:
  • Today is officially 3 weeks since they have received my passort and visa application and still no word. Incompetence at its best at DC embassy 

I finally talked to a guy at the embassy. They have a big back log right now. The week of Jan 11-15 they were closed that entire week due to something with "covid."  He saw mine arrived back on December 29 and said it should be coming soon. He recommended rescheduling to the first week of February at the earliest. I went ahead and emailed them a fedex label too so now i have tracking.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, at15 said:

I finally talked to a guy at the embassy. They have a big back log right now. The week of Jan 11-15 they were closed that entire week due to something with "covid."  He saw mine arrived back on December 29 and said it should be coming soon. He recommended rescheduling to the first week of February at the earliest. I went ahead and emailed them a fedex label too so now i have tracking.

How did you get a hold of someone, did they finally answer a phone, what number did they answer? I will call tomorrow. Did he say how long COE will take once you get visa?

i need to be on my way by February 5th

36 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Well I'm sitting in the airport in Singapore now, flight into Bangkok departs in a couple hours... It's happening and I'll be in my ASQ tonight... What a difficult course it's been, but I'm almost there. Hang in there guys, it can be done.

WooHoo! 

Congratulations and good luck, where did your journey start from

1 hour ago, Mai mee said:

Well I'm sitting in the airport in Singapore now, flight into Bangkok departs in a couple hours... It's happening and I'll be in my ASQ tonight... What a difficult course it's been, but I'm almost there. Hang in there guys, it can be done.

WooHoo! 

I'll be doing the same stretch Tuesday. Good luck!

7 hours ago, Winegeeker said:

Congratulations and good luck, where did your journey start from

New Mexico USA... I dealt with the LA Consulate and they got it done. I had to jump through a lot of hoops, but now that I'm finished with all the stuff, and sitting in my ASQ hotel, I have to say it was worth it.

Once you get through all the cr@p and get where you're going, it's not so bothersome anymore, 555. Glad to see some others getting out as well. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

New Mexico USA... I dealt with the LA Consulate and they got it done. I had to jump through a lot of hoops, but now that I'm finished with all the stuff, and sitting in my ASQ hotel, I have to say it was worth it.

Once you get through all the cr@p and get where you're going, it's not so bothersome anymore, 555. Glad to see some others getting out as well. 

Was wondering how you got to singapore from NM?  I didnt think they had flights from USA

11 hours ago, Suphawk said:

I guess the theory of nobody willing to put up with a 15 day quarantine is being proven wrong.

TRUST ME...would not be doing this voluntarily and highly doubt others are. Must be some serious need. In my case...My entire life is in Thailand (has been for 25 years) and due to extremely bad timing and circumstances beyond my control, had to leave early last March. Was scheduled to return the last day of March, but then :hit-the-fan:. Have been trying to get back since November when it opened up to "Retirement Visa". That experience was the typical Thai "Cluster-Fk" and they "effed" around in their typical inept "Thai Time" fashion and my retirement extension expired. Now trying on the "Visa Exempt Scheme" and experiencing the same SLOW response time. Still hoping to hear something today or Monday, but confidence level in anything Thailand is less than zero. 

• Like 1