Govt corruption highest under NCPO junta, says report by graft watchdog

webfact

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

In his mandatory 4 September 2014 asset disclosure to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, the prime minister listed 128.6 million baht (US$3.9 million) in assets and 654,745 baht (US$20,000) in liabilities.[His assets included a Mercedes Benz S600L, a BMW 740Li series sedan, three additional vehicles, nine luxury watches valued at three million baht,[US$200,000 in jewelry, and several pistols. He also reported the transfer of 466.5 million baht (US$14.3 million) to other family members. As army chief, prior to his retirement at the end of September, the general received a 1.4 million baht (US$43,000) annual salary.

Since the last time I looked the links showing his wealth at 2 billion baht have disappeared, but then maybe he is so very wealth because Prayut is a published songwriter. In the aftermath of the 2014 coup, Prayut wrote a song called "Return Happiness to Thailand", which is widely played on state radio and television stations.  The song communicates that the Thai people had not been happy as a result of the political crisis, and that the junta has come to return happiness to the people.

So his wealth must be from all of the royalties he has received every time it is played.....lol

Not bad for a Military General song writer,  dancer and frog talker then, and of course all above board, i've copied the figures you have posted if you don't mind (say if you do) for reference, the figure i quoted as i said came from another post a couple of weeks back and apparently came from Wiki!

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Good grief man, isn't that what the NACC is for?  

Jeepers.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission position in 1974's Constitution was that "The State should organize government service works and other works efficiently and should take all steps to prevent and suppress the quest for benefits by corruption means."

Nothing about it being the media's duty.

In 2019 its budget was 2,239 million baht.  If it will not do anything at least it could be disbanded and money given to poor students.

11 hours ago, Srikcir said:

NCPO Orders automatically waived all procurement and anti- corruption laws. So no surprise the consequences.

The only surprise now is that there's an independent graft watchdog.?. Make sure you have defamation insurance (if there is such a thing). 

I think bullet proof vests are illegal aren't they ? 

On 12/18/2020 at 7:03 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Case in point he is now worth a cool 2 billion baht when he was only worth just millions when he swept himself into power.  To bad this country can not do like Malaysia and the corrupt bribe taking brown envelope takers rounded up and arrested.  Or maybe like Saudi Arabia did a few years ago just imprison the lot in a hi-so hotel for well, life. Something needs to change, all these scheming tards need to be tossed out.

What is a "TARD"?

I just wish that this lovely country could be free of these inept, unelected, corrupt, bungling buffoons.

I look forward to the day that Thailand has a free, fair, elected government working for the good & benefit of the whole country, I also wish to live long enough to see it. ????

• Like 2

They just don't care anymore , do they?

It used to be "try and hide it up" now they dont care because no one can do anything about it.

Sad for you thailand, look what you've become !

Hope the whole economy crashes and it implodes, then they can start again.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:59 AM, webfact said:

Asked whether each ministry would now be inspected for corruption, he said monitoring for government graft was the media’s job.

But if the press print anything they'll be shut down & sued for deformation.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:59 AM, webfact said:

Asked whether each ministry would now be inspected for corruption, he said monitoring for government graft was the media’s job.

He added that government officials preferred working behind closed doors because they were afraid of being attacked by the media if they were too transparent.

What a dishonest and disgusting statement from a ‘Prime Minister’.

• Like 1