Govt corruption highest under NCPO junta, says report by graft watchdog

webfact

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Case in point he is now worth a cool 2 billion baht when he was only worth just millions when he swept himself into power.  To bad this country can not do like Malaysia and the corrupt bribe taking brown envelope takers rounded up and arrested.  Or maybe like Saudi Arabia did a few years ago just imprison the lot in a hi-so hotel for well, life. Something needs to change, all these scheming tards need to be tossed out.

I read a couple of weeks back from another poster, when he came to power he was worth 2 billion and today he's worth 5 billion this from a Wiki source, i can't vouch for it but can easily believe it!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

he said monitoring for government graft was the media’s job

Then what is the job of the anti-corruption office exactly?

If this is the media's job, will they also get impunity from getting banana peels thrown at them by the PM when they start asking questions about inexplainable wealth?

• Like 2

This is weird, an organisation with a politically appointed guy at its head, and noted for its, allegedly, bipartisan approach, calls out the "NCPO Junta". Some power plays going on here, methinks. I'm speaking as a layman, I wouldn't pretend to understand the layers of the onion that make up the power structure in Thailand. I must say the response, as reported, has been rather lame.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think this should come as a surprise to only the most naive amongst us. When was the last time a high ranking policeman, army officer, administration member, parliamentarian (within the ruling party), immigration or customs officer was arrested, tried and convicted, and sentenced to actual prison time? How about the same for the super wealthy? Red Bull case ring a bell? The Dark Tao killings? The list goes on and on and on. And if you even begin to examine human trafficking, illegal fishing, drugs trafficking, one can only imagine where the trail would lead. 

Prayuth is not only NOT making any attempt to tackle corruption, he and his band of cronies are doing everything in their power to protect the above. The nation is not in good hands. The students are correct. Oh, will I be arrested for saying that?

Only (arrested) if they had the smarts to understand that you have said - - - guess you're OK - - - - - so carry on... 

Edited by Artisi
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Right at the start some people on here were stating that brown envelopes had increased from 30% of a contract to 40% of the contract and some on here ridiculed those comments.  When you have a system where promotions and positions are paid for meaning that the most corrupt rise through the ranks so you end up with a system so devolved of honour and talent. Not an eyelid is raised how these things become millionaire and even billionaires on very modest salaries.  And then you have a self confessed Mafia man who is a drug smuggler who spent hard time in an Australian prison now in a senior possition. It all is quite disgusting.

Cockroach infestation...... !     Tea money has been around 45 %  for a few years now......  You couldn't even get a cure for cancer into Thailand without paying all the little greedy hands off first..... It's in the DNA, it's called greedy little #$%@ syndrome.......  Disgusting indeed.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I think this should come as a surprise to only the most naive amongst us. When was the last time a high ranking policeman, army officer, administration member, parliamentarian (within the ruling party), immigration or customs officer was arrested, tried and convicted, and sentenced to actual prison time? How about the same for the super wealthy? Red Bull case ring a bell? The Dark Tao killings? The list goes on and on and on. And if you even begin to examine human trafficking, illegal fishing, drugs trafficking, one can only imagine where the trail would lead. 

Prayuth is not only NOT making any attempt to tackle corruption, he and his band of cronies are doing everything in their power to protect the above. The nation is not in good hands. The students are correct. Oh, will I be arrested for saying that?

I can see the arrests coming, especially some of us on here who are only spouting the obvious truth, i'm just glad i'm NOT in the country and i'm hoping that while i'm away common sense prevails and the students and others with a more forward thinking attitude get into a position where they can assist Thailand in maturing from a fiefdom into a country for its people.....  But then again it would have to have politicians elected by the people, for the people......    Something certain individuals will not allow to happen at all cost.........  too many brown envelopes still on the table..........and too many snouts in the trough......

• Like 1