Anyone used this tape?

Susco

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes.

it sticks.

Thanks for the confirmation, so I have a next question.

It says it is removable, so how can a tape be strong and weak at the same time?

Point is, if I need to replace the battery of the solar light, I'll have to remove it, because the battery is in the back?

Is this possible, or will I most likely destroy the light at that point?

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

Thanks for the confirmation, so I have a next question.

It says it is removable, so how can a tape be strong and weak at the same time?

Point is, if I need to replace the battery of the solar light, I'll have to remove it, because the battery is in the back?

Is this possible, or will I most likely destroy the light at that point?

Watch the linked video ???? 

yes, no, maybe, are probably equally good answers to all questions.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

It may hold a bit better than normal two sided adhesive (as on plastic wire conduit) but not great and really hard to use (it stretches' as you try to cut/remove/adjust).  It did not hold an outlet strip on wall very long.  But suspect it could be used to hold a calendar.  It reminds me of the first generation wall stickers that became available in US in the 50's - OK, maybe, for a few days.   

Edited by lopburi3
Spelling - I hate this new edit system!!!
  • Like 1

I use this:

CF6A3B52-4F43-4CD0-B944-74A45D2CA348.thumb.jpeg.41548b6318e41d763bc06bbab4fb23d8.jpeg

It is a clear two sided tape ( when you peel the red backing off ) similar to the Nano. I use it to stick a power strip to the wall , among other things. The power strip has been stuck on the wall for about 3 years now with no problems other than the switch broke and i had to  replace it, took some getting off the wall i can tell you.

It has also held a small (20 led ) solar light on the wall for 3 1/2 years, but the light is protected from rain and direct sunlight ( ironically ) and on a painted flat wall so not a direct comparison.

Bought it at Big C i think .

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I use this:

CF6A3B52-4F43-4CD0-B944-74A45D2CA348.thumb.jpeg.41548b6318e41d763bc06bbab4fb23d8.jpeg

It is a clear two sided tape ( when you peel the red backing off ) similar to the Nano. I use it to stick a power strip to the wall , among other things. The power strip has been stuck on the wall for about 3 years now with no problems other than the switch broke and i had to  replace it, took some getting off the wall i can tell you.

It has also held a small (20 led ) solar light on the wall for 3 1/2 years, but the light is protected from rain and direct sunlight ( ironically ) and on a painted flat wall so not a direct comparison.

Bought it at Big C i think .

Since that is used to hold windows in skyscrapers, and auto panels it’s not a surprise that it works.

That clear stuff comes with a lot of aliexpress things.

I usually give it a try and then end up throwing it, and using the grey VHB - I buy from a reputable stationary store, I’m pretty sure it’s original 3M and not just 3M printed on the back of the tape.