Pattaya: Disc Golf

John435

If you know what disc golf is, you may be pleased to hear that a course has opened up north of Pattaya, about half way between route 3 and 7. It's a compact, 11 hole course set in a coconut plantation. Holes range from about 40-70 m and are a lot of fun to play. Discs are available to use. The baskets are very good quality.

If you've not heard of disc golf, you should give it a go. Look on YouTube to see what it is about (tldr: it's golf with a frisbee). You'll get started in no time and kids can play too. There is a Thai cafe and plenty of shade. The Thai owners are really friendly. They may charge to 200B for a day pass but I know they are keen to get new players to visit so don't be surprised if they let you play for free, especially if you buy a drink or snack there.

https://guides.apple.com/?ug=ChJJbXBvcnRhbnQgVGhhaWxhbmQSchpMU29pIFNhaSBOb25nIFBobGFwLVNhbmcgS2FwaWFvLCBBbXBob2UgQmFuZyBMYW11bmcsIENob25idXJpIDIwMTUwLCBUaGFpbGFuZCISCSqKN%2BldDSpAEcQj7voAPllAKg5EaXNjIEdvbGYgQ2FmZRINCK5NEIrMw%2FG7qNqaShIOCK5NEP%2FQkrCzhIDT3QE%3D

F57B3754-6033-4F51-ABCD-854684F616D5_1_105_c.jpeg

6CEDD154-32C2-413A-9C2F-9AFA73E27160_1_105_c.jpeg

BB74EF43-6535-4C4C-A311-DF19F788A153_1_105_c.jpeg

37AA30DB-6978-45CC-B2A5-2C46C8B5B40C_1_105_c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I like your description of golf (even if you didn’t like the comparison) and yes, disc golf is much easier to pick up. However, in order to build a range of shot types, it helps to master the flight of different disc types. While some of the putters resemble the shape of a traditional frisbee (albeit smaller and heavier), the higher speed discs are very different and making them fly 100+ metres is not easy.

I guess what I meant was that disc golf borrows the concept of hitting a target in the fewest strokes possible. Thankfully it is a bigger target!

• 4 weeks later...