Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thailand faces lockdown if outbreak cannot be contained - PM

webfact

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Well, that wasn't expected at all....

Given that chances are high I will arrive in Thailand this weekend, what was the last lock down like? I remember there was a curfew, no nightlife, and random foreigners were busted throwing private parties - but were there more restrictions or could you at least go get food and supplies during the day?

We'll be in quarantine until mid-January anyway, but wondering what happens after...

First lockdown wasn't bad like you say...curfew was only ever at nite...22:00-05:00 if I recall. During the day could always go out to markets, restos (takeout) and for emergencies (hospitals and pharmacies). Most non-essential businesses were closed so one could go out during the day but nothing was open.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JHicks said:

Thanks for that info. What about air travel between provinces? I get out of ASQ in Bangkok shortly and am supposed to be meeting someone I haven't seen for over a year down in Hat Yai. As another poster rightly said the lockdown decision is not about tourists or expats, but having come this far it'll be a blow not to be able to make the final leg of the journey.

Travel between provinces was banned for a few weeks , buses banned as well

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

What are you stocking in...during the first lockdown, the supermarkets were never short on foodstuffs and household goods...they were even having sales on toilet paper. The only stuff that sold out was masks and alcohol...though bleach, Detol, and other disinfectants were always available. 

There were also numerous places where you could get free food from Temples/Restaurants/hotels etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

There were also numerous places where you could get free food from Temples/Restaurants/hotels etc

I really hope no expats were doing this. Sort of defeats the purpose of being allowed to remain here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I really hope no expats were doing this. Sort of defeats the purpose of being allowed to remain here.

Just pointing out that he wouldnt starve to death  , and theres no reason to horde food .

(If as a last resort, you did need to get "free" food , you could always make a donation to the source)

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Well, that wasn't expected at all....

Given that chances are high I will arrive in Thailand this weekend, what was the last lock down like? I remember there was a curfew, no nightlife, and random foreigners were busted throwing private parties - but were there more restrictions or could you at least go get food and supplies during the day?

Don't worry, to get food and supplies haven't and will never be a problem in Thailand

• Like 1

I cancelled a trip to Hua Hin over Christmas because I thought if another lockdown happens, I would not be able to get back to Chiang Rai.

I just hope the provincial government does not close golf courses and swimming pools like they did last time. I'll be happy to comply with closure orders when someone is able to demonstrate a coronavirus cluster at either.

• Sad 1

Thailand faces lockdown if outbreak cannot be contained - PM

Yes do it before the new year, when everyone floods out of Bangkok and heads for home .........

-----------------------------------------

**what happened to all the conspiracy theorists who said they were hiding the numbers and not reporting when they found it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I cancelled a trip to Hua Hin over Christmas because I thought if another lockdown happens, I would not be able to get back to Chiang Rai.

I just hope the provincial government does not close golf courses and swimming pools like they did last time. I'll be happy to comply with closure orders when someone is able to demonstrate a coronavirus cluster at either.

So do I but you’ve got to get ahead of the virus not wait for it to appear else you’ll end up in the mess Johnson is making in the U.K. ! 

Gym closure hurt me the most last time followed by golf courses - though in the last lockdown there was always a bar prepared to serve you. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The night curfew in Thailand was pretty nice too

very quiet long nights for sleep and less

deaths and wounded on the roads, a win\win

the most irritating was the closure of the beach

swimming pool and gyms

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

The night curfew in Thailand was pretty nice too

very quiet long nights for sleep and less

deaths and wounded on the roads, a win\win

the most irritating was the closure of the beach

swimming pool and gyms

Yes very nice, we should keep covid restrictions forever.

Amazing world

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Don't blame the migrants, blame the grubby officials taking money to sneak them in. 

But who said officials sneaked them in when the border is wide open in many places as well being shared in a few locations. 

Just heard at least one person in Buriram now tested positive. So it seems the gaps  between north and south are slowly but surely being filled. ????

I'm off out this evening to  stock up on some booze  basics and other  things before it officially heads our way too ! Is going to be a quiet stay home New Year for my household !

• Like 1