Floor for bridge over pond?

Tagged

37 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

And here's me thinking you wanted a bridge in keeping with "The Farm". Add some roll up walls, a glamping interior, advertise it through hi season 'n' you'll be beating them off with a stick. Nice work BTW. MkII version below; bamboo does have a shelf life.

Maybe in the future, first finish and shape the garden a bit, and see how it goes. 

8D940B6F-7F23-4D1E-8DEA-3352720C4E50.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

It started out as a bridge to provide some shadow, and it escaleded a little bit 

It's come out OK, add a few tables and chairs with roll-up blinds and a hard pad for the barbie and you have a nice outdoor entertainment centre. Throw in some solar lights for 24/7/365 partying.

How far is it to the loo? Maybe that should be the next project, a guest toilet.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 2:05 PM, rumak said:

"In most cases, subterranean termites must be in contact with soil to receive the moisture they need to survive. However, the Formosan termite - an exotic species of subterranean termite - is an exception to the rule. Formosan termites can build aboveground nests, called cartons, inside walls and attics when there is enough moisture in the wood."      

yes,  use what you think best ...... for you  ????

Yea i think others are right and your wrong. I too had termites in my home. First floor second floor no matter. Wood was wood and got attacked. Bye Bye wooden kitchen (inside a house). Bye bye floor boards second floor. Termites will get everything.  This was in Thailand of course. In my home country we don't have these things.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK, how does one get drool out of a keyboard?

Sorry about that ????, got hungry myself, so need to get my vaffles ready for lunch. 

One picture is from No idea in BKK, and not from home and was posted by mistake

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

Getting there ????

Ended up with wood and the price for 40 lenghts of 4,5m - 5,5 

28 000,- baht

5615EE84-372F-4E59-8129-6843CE1D88EE.jpeg

Thanks for posting as requested. It's always good to see developments. And I'm pleased you went with wood decking.

As you're using the bridge for leisure I'd consider installing kickboards along the sides to prevent stuff rolling off.

image.jpeg.73048384cb6e34dd6e09e737db0988ec.jpeg

Edited by prophet01
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, prophet01 said:

Thanks for posting as requested. It's always good to see developments. And I'm pleased you went with wood decking.

As you're using the bridge for leisure I'd consider installing kickboards along the sides to prevent stuff rolling off.

No thats the whole fun with it. Nothing makes thais laugh mor than when somebody fall off something ????

Steel railing an counterweight at the ends is next up, before we improve the dikes again..

However have to remember this is a farm, and it is not ment to be a nice design place. Everything developed as we went and had no plan from beginning.

IMG20210205101210.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea i think others are right and your wrong. I too had termites in my home. First floor second floor no matter. Wood was wood and got attacked. Bye Bye wooden kitchen (inside a house). Bye bye floor boards second floor. Termites will get everything.  This was in Thailand of course. In my home country we don't have these things.

that's ok  .    you are entitled to your opinion.   I usually think that what you post is wrong as well.

i have had houses in Thailand for thirty years.   I now have five,  and had seven others in the past.

What i post is what i believe from my experience.  A short post can not explain all the factors or

possibilities involved in many of the topics .   

I can tell you that i quickly learned how to deal with and or avoid termite problems,   and therefore

never had a serious one over all these years and properties.  I guess you did not fare as well

Edited by rumak

6 hours ago, Tagged said:

Getting there ????

Ended up with wood and the price for 40 lenghts of 4,5m - 5,5 

28 000,- baht

5615EE84-372F-4E59-8129-6843CE1D88EE.jpeg

looks nice.    what is your "plan" as far as avoiding a termite problem?   From what i can see, it looks like the wood posts go directly into the earth .    

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rumak said:

looks nice.    what is your "plan" as far as avoiding a termite problem?   From what i can see, it looks like the wood posts go directly into the earth .    

No woodpost goes straight in the dirt here, and on this sala over the pond, is iron only and concrete posts, as only the floor going to be of wood. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 4:00 AM, Tagged said:
On 2/5/2021 at 3:09 AM, prophet01 said:

No thats the whole fun with it. Nothing makes thais laugh mor than when somebody fall off something

Nah, you misunderstand, I didn't mean the handrail and uprights to stop people falling off I meant the low level "kickboard" to stop stuff rolling off.

Edited by prophet01
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, prophet01 said:

Nah, you misunderstand, I didn't mean the handrail and uprights to stop people falling off I meant the low level "kickboard" to stop stuff rolling off.

Great, thank you, did not even think about that yet ????

• 1 month later...