'fit For Work' Medical In Pattaya......................

libya 115

I need a 'Fit For Work' medical in Pattaya soon. The Bangkok Pattaya hospital offers one for US$55 can anyone recommend an alternative?

I am sure for 5 minutes Doctors work, listening to my chest and looking in my mouth $55 is a bit steep.

i recently did a medical in phuket for a work permit, it was a 15minute task and cost 200b. I'm not sure if thats the same thing you need or not. The whole procedure was a bit 'mickey mouse' as they pretty much just weighed me, checked my height, blood pressure and listened to my chest. No real examination.

This was at a government hospital

I need a 'Fit For Work' medical in Pattaya soon. The Bangkok Pattaya hospital offers one for US$55 can anyone recommend an alternative?

I am sure for 5 minutes Doctors work, listening to my chest and looking in my mouth $55 is a bit steep.

They've actually quoted you in US Dollars? Obviously a price for farangs. The practices at this hospital get more and more questionable.

It depends what you need it for, but any clinic, or any of the other hospitals in Pattaya will provide the needed document at a fraction of the price.

Typical cost for a 'Retirement' or driving licence medical certificate from a local Doc is 100 Baht. :o

i recently did a medical in phuket for a work permit, it was a 15minute task and cost 200b. I'm not sure if thats the same thing you need or not. The whole procedure was a bit 'mickey mouse' as they pretty much just weighed me, checked my height, blood pressure and listened to my chest. No real examination.

This was at a government hospital

For the above tests it cost me 50 baht opp carrefour in pattaya used it for a driving license application.

At the Bkk hospital pattaya I had a full works medical ( for severe conditions ) and it cost baht 17,000

Every test/ check has a price at the hospital so obviously it depends on how many you have.

Also the consultation prices vary for individual doctors.. ive had ranging from 500 to 900 baht!

If you need a "high quality" Institution, please use the Pattaya International Hospital at Soi 4 Beachroad. Don't give your Business to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital :o . We all should boycott that Hospital. Just read this thread

If it doesn't matter anyway, you can use every above mentioned Adress.

Thanks for all the feedback on this. It is actually for a job contract outside Thailand, all {they} seem to need is a Doctors signature on headed notepaper saying I'm fit (which I am).

I will try some of the above suggestions.

:o

I hear good things about Dr Oliver's clinic (near the intersection of South Pattaya Rd and #3 road), though I've never been there myslef.

When I was about to go back to work, the company suggested I get a medical done before travelling to Canada. I asked if they were serious, and told them that, honestly, I could probably get a doctor to write what ever I wanted to on a certificate, for (probably) less than $10.00 (300 baht).

Ended up getting the medical done in Canada (at company expense of course) and the rest is history (so far !). :o

Working in the Middle East and SE Asia a lot (Africa when everyone else is fully staffed) I need frequent medicals for visas and so on. The last one in UK - eighteen months ago - cost 500 sterling. And then when I arrived in Saudi they insisted on a local one. Then another one for a driving licence. Within ten days I spent close on a thousand pounds on medicals that were all designed to get me through the bureaucratic jungle, not to measure my fitness.

Don't carp about US $ 55 - but I'd spend the extra couple of hundred baht and go to Krung Thep and Bumrungrad, rather than BPH. (Travelling by bus, that is)