Brexit deal is DONE: Boris Johnson seals historic agreement with EU

1 minute ago, Hi from France said:

this is huge loss and for British universities as well. I was an Erasmus student!

now the UK was less and less attractive because of sky-high fees of £9000/year and more, even for British students

Yes, I know a couple British families who sent their children to European universities because it's just too expensive in the UK (even before the £9000 fees). Well, it is what it is, a loss of choices and options for young British people.

we knew that, but it's really a crappy deal for the UK will loose 200 billions more in GDP according to the government’s own forecaster

The prime minister said the UK had won the right “set our own standards, to innovate in the way that we want” in key sectors such as biosciences and artificial intelligence. “British laws will be made solely by the British parliament; interpreted by British judges, sitting in the UK courts,” he said.

His optimism contrasted with the expectations of the government’s own independent forecaster, the Office for Budget Responsibility, which expects Brexit to shave 4% off GDP in the medium term.

tout ça pour quoi ?

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Yes, I know a couple British families who sent their children to European universities because it's just too expensive in the UK (even before the £9000 fees). Well, it is what it is, a loss of choices and options for young British people.

+- €400 in France (but rising), higher education is free in Germany and some northern Europe countries. Basically all of Europe is attractive but the UK is on a US-like system based on student's debt.

I'm so sorry for the excellent British universities, but with the loss of high-paying Chinese students, and now European students, 

image.png.1b29a9c57aed1242a11da249db2222e8.pnghttps://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/07/25/unuk-j25.html