Chonburi announces restrictions on entertainment venues

webfact

Chonburi announces restrictions on entertainment venues

File.jpg

NationThailand file photo for reference only

Chonburi Governor, Phakarathorn Tienchai on Monday issued an order which places restrictions on bars, pubs, clubs  and other venues deemed to be high risk.

The order was issued after Chonburi health officials reported 22 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, all of which are understood to be linked to the outbreak at an illegal gambling in nearby Rayong. 

The Chonburi order states from now until 4 Jan, bars and pubs can remain open until midnight, but they can only serve food and drink and no dancing is permitted. Alcohol is not banned.

At all venues, strict screening measures must be in place, which includes registration on the Thai Chana app, hand sanitizer stations, temperature checks and social distancing.

For venues such as go-go bars, where dancing is a primary offering, owners are advised to adapt to the new rules or close temporarily. Some nightclubs and go-go bars in Pattaya have already announced plans to close. 

The order also calls for the closure of all cockfighting venues.

While the majority of large scale New Years Eve activities have been cancelled, events can still go ahead but organisers are required to apply for permission from the District Disease Control Operation Centre.

The order issued in Chonburi came just hours after a similar order was issued in Bangkok which will see cockfight venues closed and midnight closures for its bars, nightclubs and music venues until Jan. 4.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-29

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I actually thought there currently was a requirement to close at midnight......

I just can talk about Central Pattaya. Bars are open until 3 and longer and nobody cares despite complaints. Will be interesting to watch if this will change now. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MrMo said:

Agreed but it may reduce the infection rate.   

Ideally, shut all the bars, restaurants, clubs and other places where people closely gather such as trains, planes and buses.   It worked earlier in the year.

The government's problem is they have invested so heavily trying to prop up tourism instead of giving assistance to tourism businesses to try and reinvent themselves or just give the workers assistance. Now with the busiest tourism weekend of the year here they are afraid to shut it all down as it will show how flawed the policy is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrMo said:

Agreed but it may reduce the infection rate.   

Ideally, shut all the bars, restaurants, clubs and other places where people closely gather such as trains, planes and buses.   It worked earlier in the year.

I normally don't agree with much from the officials but since Chon Buri is so close to Bangkok where most of the outbreak started just outside it being close guess where everyone are going to go so it does make sense. 

Rumor has it there are a number of cases already in Pattaya, personally I've never like countdown so no lost to me just plan to BBQ a few steaks with immediate family and call it a night.

????  it is just one weekend majority of the upticks in California reported came right after Thanksgiving and Christmas maybe a small sacrifice might give the Thais a better upper hand?  just when the vaccine is coming a step forward to maybe getting back to some form of normal now we might be going backwards?

Editing I just finished the search because I couldn't remember the information my brother son gave us.  PUBLIC NOTICED PATTAYA!  Thepprasit boxing stadium Dec 1st, Provincial court 10th of Dec.  Lek hotel 17-26th of December, Bone behind Central Marina, anyone who has visited these location feel sick go to hospital get tested and treated.

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Chonburi order states from now until 4 Jan, bars and pubs can remain open until midnight, but they can only serve food and drink and no dancing is permitted. Alcohol is not banned.

Yep that'll work?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have done entering Malls, but it has not been required, some sign a book, others appear to ignore both after the temperature check. 

My neck of the woods the temp check seems to also be optional.

In my local CJ store this morning, a guy walks in, no temp test, no Thai chana, no signature , no mask.. just walked around picked up what he wanted and straight to check-out who happily served him.

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Which, after 2 weeks, would see either the virus dead, or the host dead, but either way, the virus is eradicated.  It works.    

Half measure get half results.  

It would be interesting to see what the results would be of an entire lockdown.

Give people a one week notice to stock up on food, etc.  Yes, the shops, markets would be packed.

Then, 100% lockdown every person is required to stay home for 2 weeks.  All businesses closed, no take out, food delivery and cannot leave your residence.  

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Rumor has it there are a number of cases already in Pattaya, personally I've never like countdown so no lost to me just plan to BBQ a few steaks with immediate family and call it a night.

????

It is not rumor anymore. There are 22 known cases in Banglamung. 

"The total number of Chonburi confirmed cases in this new series of infections is now 36.O f the 36 confirmed cases 12 are in Mueang district, 22 in Banglamung district and two in Sattahip."

Source:

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/12/29/chonburi-announces-12-new-local-cases-of-covid-19-recap-of-governors-press-conference/

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Which, after 2 weeks, would see either the virus dead, or the host dead, but either way, the virus is eradicated.  It works.    

Half measure get half results.  

Exactly, as much as opinions are like....... you know what

These are experts who have the most expertise in fighting the virus, 

The politicians should then be putting their touch on the recommendations as there is more at stake than just a virus

It exists in every corner of the world but I absolutely dispise people who know SFA and then insist the experts are wrong or they have a better solution 

10 hours ago, J Town said:

Does anyone here use the Thai Chana app?

Yes of course it is a good thing surely.  It is also so much better than the sham in the UK where stupid Boris gave millions of pounds of tax payers money to his corny friends for a tracking system that is apparently absolutely worthless and unfit for purpose. I am so happy I live here in Thailand and not the UK or the unbelievably even more stupid and worse USA.

Why are there so many cynical and negative people here on TVF ??   Sure none of us like lockdowns and this bloody COVID 19 virus but surely we need to all positively pull together to get better results and avoid deaths and suffering from this nasty disease. Come on folks enough of the ill informed rubbish..

Edited by rayw
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It would be interesting to see what the results would be of an entire lockdown.

Give people a one week notice to stock up on food, etc.  Yes, the shops, markets would be packed.

Then, 100% lockdown every person is required to stay home for 2 weeks.  All businesses closed, no take out, food delivery and cannot leave your residence.  

I have read about Melbourne in Australia.  The second wave ran riot, killing hundreds, until a hard lock down was ordered. 

I stopped following the progress once they reached two full incubation periods (1 month) without a case or a death and opened up everything again.

Lock downs work.    

• Like 2