Chonburi announces restrictions on entertainment venues

webfact

3 minutes ago, rayw said:

Yes of course it is a good thing surely.  It is also so much better than the sham in the UK where stupid Boris gave millions of pounds of tax payers money to his corny friends for a tracking system that is apparently absolutely worthless and unfit for purpose. I am so happy I live here in Thailand and not the UK or the unbelievably even more stupid and worse USA.

Why are there so many cynical and negative people here on TVF ??   Sure none of us like lockdowns and this bloody COVID 19 virus but surely we need to all positively pull together to get better results and avoid deaths and suffering from this nasty disease. Come on folks enough of the <deleted>.

Well said

24 minutes ago, Nout said:

Like this do you mean?

Great. Corona regulations fulfilled - music band behind protection, 1 staff member with face shield. An other 1 with mask and 1 customer also with mask. I don't understand what more the government wants. 

Edited by Oldie

11 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

If there is a new outbreak of Covid, then closing bars a couple of hours early isn’t going to stop it 

Everyone knows you can only catch Covid after midnight. Or, in the UK, after 10pm which was the time pubs had to close there. And as long as that kind of logic exists the pandemic will continue to get worse and worse. Even the vaccines being rolled out won't solve the problem as a very sizeable number, something like half, I've read, say they will refuse it. We are still only at the beginning of this.

25 minutes ago, Nout said:

but surely we need to all positively pull together to get better results and avoid deaths and suffering from this nasty disease.

Far too many people do not act that way and are only interested in what they want. And so it rolls on and on and on with absolutely no end in sight. The only thing, the only thing that will end the pandemic is if it burns itself out.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It would be interesting to see what the results would be of an entire lockdown.

Give people a one week notice to stock up on food, etc.  Yes, the shops, markets would be packed.

Then, 100% lockdown every person is required to stay home for 2 weeks.  All businesses closed, no take out, food delivery and cannot leave your residence.  

I take it you are aware that many Thais do not possess a fridge or freezer and they rely on "fresh" produce each day rather than stock up and plan akin to our Western methods? This also does not factor in that for many Thais the "monthly shop" as we call it is a financial impossibility as they earn money in a piecemeal fashion and exist on a daily basis rather than a monthly bank transfer of salary, pension, etc.

(Just to add to that mix. There was an article which I read relatively recently about some (BKK) condo's being built without any kitchen within - as the assumption was the areas around them had enough eating to make the need for a kitchen redundant.)

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Which, after 2 weeks, would see either the virus dead, or the host dead, but either way, the virus is eradicated.  It works.    

Half measure get half results.  

The government can't decide anything. They will probably announce a lockdown then cancel it then announce again. Thailand (and us ) will pay the price for having a leader who can't decide anything.. 

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

The government can't decide anything. They will probably announce a lockdown then cancel it then announce again. Thailand (and us ) will pay the price for having a leader who can't decide anything.. 

Isn't the decision to lock down now in the hands of governors?  

11 hours ago, Henryford said:

What a shame, i used to enjoy dancing in the bar after a few beers.

Actually, when I read the the restrictions , I had this vision of a load of oldies dancing . I had quite a laugh, but please tell me what style dances you do , bunny hop, the twist, the shake ? As long as you enjoy yourself it’s good. 

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Isn't the decision to lock down now in the hands of governors?  

Both Prayut and Prawit have said there would be no lock downs. That is why I assumed they have at least input. Hopefully you are right and more sensible? people decode.

8 hours ago, Oldie said:

I just can talk about Central Pattaya. Bars are open until 3 and longer and nobody cares despite complaints. Will be interesting to watch if this will change now. 

Absolutely it will change or they loose the license they won’t <deleted> about ☝????

7 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Both Prayut and Prawit have said there would be no lock downs. That is why I assumed they have at least input. Hopefully you are right and more sensible? people decode.

They said no national lockdown, that is why they leave it up to the governors, so they can save face.

If 76 governors call a lockdown in their province, it are 76 provincial lockdowns

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It would be interesting to see what the results would be of an entire lockdown.

Give people a one week notice to stock up on food, etc.  Yes, the shops, markets would be packed.

Then, 100% lockdown every person is required to stay home for 2 weeks.  All businesses closed, no take out, food delivery and cannot leave your residence.  

Do you know of any country in the world where such a restriction has been applied?

20 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Are you suggesting Thai governors are sensible?  ????

6 minutes ago, schvonsky1 said:

Absolutely it will change or they loose the license they won’t <deleted> about ☝????

The police and the City Hall knew that they didn't care. There were noise complaints because almost daily there was/is extremely noisy live and other music until 3 or later and nothing ever happened. The emergency decree did not help much obviously.

Perhaps this time it could be different. But even during the most severe lock down earlier this year... Forget it - I could write a book. But I never forget the prostitute that was picked up at this time at an illegal open air party area in front of Tree Town in Soi Buakhao and was killed by the farang customer. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Oldie said:

The police and the City Hall knew that they didn't care. There were noise complaints because almost daily there was/is extremely noisy live and other music until 3 or later and nothing ever happened. The emergency decree did not help much obviously.

Perhaps this time it could be different. But even during the most severe lock down earlier this year... Forget it - I could write a book. But I never forget the prostitute that was picked up at this time at an illegal open air party area in front of Tree Town in Soi Buakhao and was killed by the farang customer. 

Can you reference the story in your last paragraph. I don't recall it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The Chonburi order states from now until 4 Jan, bars and pubs can remain open until midnight, but they can only serve food and drink and no dancing is permitted. Alcohol is not banned.

Yes, the excessive movement caused by dancing spreads the virus exponentially ????

The nexus between ignorance, incompetence and petty authoritarianism grows day by day.

1 minute ago, bwpage3 said:

Ban dancing, yet allowing all other activities to continue?

What a foolish mentality.

I guess Thailand believes drunks can act rationally and maintain covid protocols? 

Plenty can. Most can. 'Drunks' as you dismissively refer to them have won wars, defended countries, raised children, written poetry, built cities, created road and rail networks and contributed positively to every aspect of human life.

14 hours ago, MrMo said:

Agreed but it may reduce the infection rate.   

Ideally, shut all the bars, restaurants, clubs and other places where people closely gather such as trains, planes and buses.   It worked earlier in the year.

How did it work if it's not working now?Declaring that "it worked"over a short period is a tad disingenuous don't ya think?

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

In my local CJ store this morning, a guy walks in, no temp test, no Thai chana, no signature , no mask.. just walked around picked up what he wanted and straight to check-out who happily served him

Well fortunately it is being taken seriously in Pattaya, I got chased down for absent-mindedly forgetting my mask in the Mall. I saw a YouTube clip recently how some refuse to wear masks and get into arguments with fellow passengers on public transport. I find that very selfish and really wish a firmer hand was applied. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Yes.

They should make it compulsory or you don't get it.

I did a little research on this app and it seems the intrusiveness is astoundingly bad. I'll pass thanks, and continue to write my real name and real phone number whenever possible.

• Like 1

With bars remaining open in Pattaya  ,expect a huge influx of Bangkokians for the New Year and weekend !!  Want to stop Covid in Pattaya (or any large city ) then set up road blocks/checks (with temperature checks) NOW l! and stop anyone who does not have legitimate reasons for travel from entering .  We all know that the Airports are safe but it's the land borders and travel that spreads Covid nationwide !! Don't wait before it's to late .