Postal Service

thedi

Personal experiances with postal service  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if the unreliable postal service is mostly a problem when sending things from Farangland to Thailand.

Until now I never used the postal service for any important mailings.

I was surprised, when we got Thai passports for my wife and daughter here in Thailand, that they where delivered by the postman. This was some years ago and I can not remember, if they were send by ordinary post or EMS.

What are your experiences?

About 10 years ago, the rumor was that letters got lost rather at custom checks. They used X-ray to screen for money then.

Since then the reliabillity seems to have improved. In the last years I didn't miss any letters send to me. But I always warned my friends to include nothing in a letter that could look like money in a X-ray screening machine.

Naturally most of the communications go now be E-mail. Faster and more reliable.

I've had mail sent from the UK monthly for the past seven years.

This is a large brown envelope normally containing six to a dozen letters and is sent by

registered mail.

Only one package ever went missing in all that time, and that was nicked by a Mailboxes Etc employee.

Now all my mail comes direct to my apartment.

Naka.

I must have an excellent postman as I have never had a package go missing. I had one that took 6 months to arrive on the island mind (although it was surface) but it did arrive after all. My postman is so good I get mail that doesn't even have my full name and address on it.

My postman is so good I get mail that doesn't even have my full name and address on it.

Mine is even better, I get mail for other farangs in the region as well :o

Thedi

Personal mail i get sent to our head office in Bkk. One of my staff will bring it to Rayong for me usually. This system has worked well, previously things were "lost" or damaged (or delayed a loooong time) during the short hop between the capitol and my office down here. A business address on the letter / parcel seems to have more import too.

Just don't get me started on Customs... :o

Pay extra and use FED EX or UPS if the item has value.

Stuff goes missing at a Thai Post Office.

Weather it's theft or just incompetence, nobody will care if you don't get your stuff.

....and who you gonna call... The Thai Police?

Skipper,

My friend Gilligan tells me that he would advise complaining directly to the postal complaint-department! He moreover adds that your advice to call the Thai Police is as silly as your storm-navigation abilities!

had on parcel "delayed" until the ENglish sender chased it up as it was insured then that day it turned up!

had a book go missing a couple of months ago. had a new one sent and came through in 7 days.

why would anyone ever send cash in the post?? thats like asking to be mugged.

Every parcel (none contained money just a small gfit) that went from the UK to Phuket did not arrive, every parcel excepy one I sent to Bankok did arrive, total parcels about 10 in total. I hope the phuket post office enjoy thier continual Christmas bonanza???

You forgot to add "parcels from farangland to Thailand" . I had 1 parcel disappear cause I sent it normal airmail. bf went to post office and he said the guy had a strange look on his face when he went to ask about it and gave receipt number. This guy was known by locals to be dishonest . Don't go Saphan Kwai Postal, Phayathai is safer.

Have you ever asked your Farang Bank to send you a new Credit Card?

Mine won't. Nor will those of others I know here in LOS.

As I said in another Thread "Thieving is indemic in Thailand".

And if any Git say " It's far worse in zxzxxzxzx" I will personally shoot him!

Incidentally Gun Murder is indemic here too. LOS is 3rd P/C in THE WORLD!

USA is 13th and the UK 32nd......(sorry to go a bit off topic.)

Have you ever asked your Farang Bank to send you a new Credit Card?

Mine won't. Nor will those of others I know here in LOS.

As I said in another Thread "Thieving is indemic in Thailand".

And if any Git say " It's far worse in zxzxxzxzx" I will personally shoot him!

Incidentally Gun Murder is indemic here too. LOS is 3rd P/C in THE WORLD!

USA is 13th and the UK 32nd......(sorry to go a bit off topic.)

American Express do. I received my American Express card from Australia that was sent Air express to American Express Thailand. I was quite surprised. My other Bank St.George also sends without problems, but wait for me to contact and confirm address before sending.