Mall attack settled: Norwegian pays 30K to Thai lady shopper he kicked after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

No, he was never charged with the offence .

Once charges have been laid , they cannot be removed/uncharged .

He was not charged as the lady decided NOT to press charges. It happens all over the world. (in extreme cases the police can decide to charge anyway)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yep. I like that, in a way. Saves taxpayer money. ????They can be dropped and even expunged from the defendant's record, even without any payments whatsoever. Do you any point of any relevance?

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

The money is compensation for the kicking. Its not extortion its a settlement. If he did not like the amount go to court.

She ran after a big foreigner came chasing after her shouting (how good was her english). If some big Thai runs at me shouting in Thai i might run too. 

She was in eyesight of the guy so it was not that much of a chase and obviously he caught up with her and at that point just grabbing the trolley was enough (look at his size and her size). Kicking was over the top as you also agree. That is what he paid for. Not extortion just paying for his over the top reaction. IF he did not like it then he could go to court. 

Yes, go to Court and get three years jail and also go to jail on remand waiting to the case to come to Court and then potentially get deported or pay 30 000 Baht . 

Thats extortion , that isnt justice 

• Sad 1

Yes, go to Court and get three years jail and also go to jail on remand waiting to the case to come to Court and then potentially get deported or pay 30 000 Baht . 

Who says he would get 3 years that is what the cops said. Are cops judges ? 

Its also not sure he had to go to remand waiting for the court. Where do you read that is the case. In minor cases they dont put you in remand. 

I guess you got a lot to learn.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

maybe she was running to get away with the theft

LOL. All the way to the checkout? When if she wanted the goods in particular (unlikely), she could have just picked them off the shelf herself. This gets even funnier. Why the desperation to defend "one o' our lads?"

22 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

She and the police colluded to get a payout , Pay the money or go to jail .

He had his chance to help her when she sought medical treatment. He wasn't offering a *satang of compensation w/o the police, so, yes, he made it necessary for them to get involved.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

And who said he would get 3 years jail? The offender via hearsay, obviously to justify, after the event, having to pay 30k baht compensation.

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

LOL. All the way to the checkout? When if she wanted the goods in particular (unlikely), she could have just picked them off the shelf herself. This gets even funnier. Why the desperation to defend "one o' our lads?"

She was running in the car park towards her car with goods that had already been paid for .

• Like 2

She was running in the car park towards her car with goods that had already been paid for .

Says who? The woman? The police? Or an anonymous poster who delivered a third hand account from a guy who is obviously a complete moron and wanting to play down his offence to an aquaintance?

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 10:30 AM, cvs04 said:

This guy is a customer of mine and has been for 5 years. I've always found him to be placid and a very nice guy. I spoke with him yesterday.

Whilst I don't condone the way he handled the situation it would appear there is far more to this story than meets the eye.

He had just finished his shopping in Big C and was with his daughter who is about 12. They went for a kfc and put the trolley to one side whilst they queued and ordered food.

Distracted whilst ordering food he turned round to see the woman walking away with his trolley which had 6000 baht, already paid for, worth of goods he'd just bought plus his car keys etc etc. As far as he was aware it was the only trolley there so not sure how she made a mistake and thought it was hers.

He shouted her to stop and she started to run with the trolley. He gave chase and booted her up the backside to stop her. Maybe she turned and he caught her hip instead or maybe the bruise was from something else unrelated.

The tourist policeman is somewhat notorious amongst the farang community here shall we say.

I believe neither he or his daughter were given any opportunity to speak during the Police interview. He was told if he tried to challenge the plaintiff in court he would get 3 years in jail unless he paid her off. The cctv footage apparentely looked to be cut and didn't show the event as it unfolded.

If he had been a Thai man in this situation I suspect it would be the girl being charged. However it's a farang and whenever that happens there's a big story, the farang loses some money and then defamed in the media. Remember it's always the farangs fault unless there is a nearby Burmese they can pin it on instead.

^^^^^^^ Worth a repost

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

She started running after he started shouting and running after her. (scared). Not a illogical thing to do if someone in a foreign language much bigger then you starts to shout at you and runs after you. Does not mean its theft could just as easily meant she was scared.  (also the running is from an unconfirmed account of a "friend"  and even in that report he said the running happened after the shouting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

^^^^^^^ Worth a repost

Yes it is.. it says she was walking away.. only started running after a big foreigner started to shout and run after her. A not so strange thing to do. 

Also this report is unconfirmed and the poster has not visited the topic after this. Who says it was not a guy like you who made up a story to defend the foreigner. How can you be so sure this is the truth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Not in the OP. Only claimed by a complete moron and wanting to play down his offence to an acquaintance

You could yourself in trouble for speaking like that .

Give me 30 000 Baht or I will report your post .

(BTW , this is not a serious attempt at extortion, just making a point ) 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes it is.. it says she was walking away.. only started running after a big foreigner started to shout and run after her. A not so strange thing to do. 

Also this report is unconfirmed and the poster has not visited the topic after this. Who says it was not a guy like you who made up a story to defend the foreigner. How can you be so sure this is the truth. 

I believe he is genuine .

• Sad 1

^^^^^^^ Worth a repost

Thanks. All the facts you keep quoting are derived from one post by someone claiming to be an acquaintance (not friend) and at complete odds with the OP. Could it be that his version of events was embellished to play down his actual role in the incident? Highly likely I would say. That kind of person is unlikely to put his hands up and admit to his disgusting behavior to a passing acquaintance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

I believe the poster is genuine. I believe that the Norwegian gave him the BS story to hide is personal shame of his true actions.

yes. and even in the embellished story this norwegian idiot was still unable to explain why 

he prefered to hit the girl rather than to grab the trolley. that's just show using violence is 

something ''normal'' for him

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 1:22 PM, cvs04 said:

Whilst I don't agree he handled the situation well and shouldn't have used force however slight.  I would say that if she hadn't have been running off with his trolley, 6000 baht of goods and keys to his truck in the first place then she wouldn't have been kicked. 

If he had grabbed the trolley instead and reported her to security then maybe it would be her facing charges, however the media have made her out to be a helpless innocent victim of an unprovoked vicious attack by a farang, this is not correct either.  Also I believe that if he were a Thai man there would probably not have been charges for him to face nor would it have made the news!

Worth a repost ^

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

yes. and even in the embellished story this norwegian idiot was still unable to explain why 

he prefered to hit the girl rather than to grab the trolley. that's just show violence is 

something ''normal'' in his eyes

Exactly. The guy was more than twice the size of the girl and not an old man. It would have taken little or no effort to have reclaimed his trolley from the girl, as I'm sure you or I would have done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Worth a repost ^

Thats the second time you've reposted it in the last 20 minutes. You can repost it as many times as you like but it doesn't change the fact that it's a third hand account from an acquaintance of an excuse given by the moron to try to justify his unjustifiable actions. Its a BS account given by a moron and is also full of holes. Not worth the paper its written on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Is that a thai thing?

Its common in western countries to do it.

After an indictment is filed in court its called nolle prosequi. Before indictment is filed its called no true bill.

Dont even need a lawyer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

Thats the second time you've reposted it in the last 20 minutes. You can repost it as many times as you like but it doesn't change the fact that it's a third hand account from an acquaintance of an excuse given by the moron to try to justify his unjustifiable actions. Its a BS account given by a moron and is also full of holes. Not worth the paper its written on.

They were two different posts that I reposted  , as you thought they were the same , that means you didnt even bother to read the original posts or the reposts .

As you dont read posts , you have no understanding of what happened and seem to just call other people "morons" .

I believe the guy and his version of events , you didnt even read what he had to say and still label him as a "moron who writes BS"

Try reading

• Like 1

They were two different posts that I reposted  , as you thought they were the same , that means you didnt even bother to read the original posts or the reposts .

As you dont read posts , you have no understanding of what happened and seem to just call other people "morons" .

I believe the guy and his version of events , you didnt even read what he had to say and still label him as a "moron who writes BS"

Try reading

I read both. One just reiterates the other and is from the same poster. I didn't label the poster as a moron, I labelled the Norwegian as a moron. Are you just trying to twist my words to fit your agenda or have you zero powers of comprehension?

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Is that a thai thing?

Its common in western countries to do it.

After an indictment is filed in court its called nolle prosequi. Before indictment is filed its called no true bill.

Dont even need a lawyer.

Two people can come to an agreement and the Police will not file any charges .

No Court case , but once the Police have filled charges , on computer and a Court case set, its then to late for people to reach an agreement .

• Confused 1

Two people can come to an agreement and the Police will not file any charges .

No Court case , but once the Police have filled charges , on computer and a Court case set, its then to late for people to reach an agreement .

On 12/30/2020 at 1:54 AM, webfact said:
Police additionally fined the assailant 500 baht.

The case is now over with no need to go to court.

Normal practice in Thailand.

• Like 1