Hun Sen to retire in 10 years

geovalin

While the government celebrated the 22nd anniversary of the end of the Cambodian Civil War yesterday, Prime Minister Hun Sen reaffirmed his intention to retire from his premiership at the age 78. Minister of Defence General Tea Banh yesterday represented Mr Hun Sen during the celebration of the anniversary at the Win-Win Monument in front of the Morodok Techo National Stadium in Phnom Penh’s Chroy Changva district.

While addressing the nation through the state-run TVK live broadcast from his residence in Kandal province yesterday, Mr Hun Sen said he would retire in the next 10 years.  He is 68-years-old now. “I think I will be in power until the age of 78, or for the next 10 years,” Mr Hun Sen said. “If anyone wants to change Hun Sen, please win the election first.”

Mr Hun Sen took office as Prime Minister on January 14, 1985, after he was unanimously elected by the National Assembly to succeed Chan Sy, who had died in office in December 1984. “There are still a few days left to mark the 36th anniversary of my tenure as Prime Minister. In the United States and France, the term of office of the president is limited to two terms […] In Cambodia, there is no limit, and it must be continued,” he added.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50798562/prime-minister-to-retire-in-10-years/

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1