New York Post: Swiss nursing home resident reportedly dies after getting COVID-19 vaccine

Bender Rodriguez

All drugs have side effects and some should not be used on patients who are very fragile or suffer from severe allergies. This case is likely medical error imo.

As to the medic who did not get protection- nobody said this vaccine is 100% effective  and it takes time to build full immunity.  However, it is likely he is protected from serious illness. A total non-story.

Nevertheless, this experimental drug appears particularly unsuitable for those suffering severe allergies.  I think that's fair to say.

These vaccines should 100% be open to criticism and questioning. I am not anti vaccination but I fear the almost religious fervor surrounding the attacks on anyone that questions the whole Covid/vaccination narrative. The media has been complicit in a scare campaign from the start. Its very hard to get any reasonable info from any mainstream source. I am disgusted when I look back at the footage that was peddled of Chinese people collapsing and convulsing in the streets etc. Keep ALL info regarding these vaccines coming. The fact that, in the U.S and UK medications are NOT being given in the early stages of Covid 19 BUT vaccinations are being pushed as the ONLY way forward, should raise suspicion in anyone still around that has an ounce of grey matter left. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

These vaccines should 100% be open to criticism and questioning. I am not anti vaccination but I fear the almost religious fervor surrounding the attacks on anyone that questions the whole Covid/vaccination narrative. The media has been complicit in a scare campaign from the start. Its very hard to get any reasonable info from any mainstream source. I am disgusted when I look back at the footage that was peddled of Chinese people collapsing and convulsing in the streets etc. Keep ALL info regarding these vaccines coming. The fact that, in the U.S and UK medications are NOT being given in the early stages of Covid 19 BUT vaccinations are being pushed as the ONLY way forward, should raise suspicion in anyone still around that has an ounce of grey matter left. 

Does not raise any suspensions with me, if things are helpful they will be given. The idea that people are made to suffer or withheld medicine to add to deaths to promote vaccination is IMHO a conspiracy theory and a disservice to all medical personal. 

The case in Israel was unrelated and the other one in the US is also not confirmed to be of the vaccination. But if someone responds bad to a flu shot it would have been smart to exclude her or take extra precautions with the new vaccine. 

Just to add my brother and his wife came in contact with a infected person. Luckily they did not catch it. However the two infected persons were both around 43 year old with no pre existing conditions. The female was ok (bad symptoms but could stay home). The male was treated in hospital. So the myth of it only gets old people and young people who are in good health have no worries is false.

Dont want to think about what could have happened, if my brother and his wife had gotten it and infected my parents. 

By now probably a few million people all over the world got vaccinated already. We didn't see hundreds of people dying from it, so I think at least in the short term we can consider it as safe. Possible long term effects have to be seen.

That a few people die after an injection can just happen, if somebody were to make a study about how many people die after getting a NaCl injection, there might also be a few cases, this doesn't mean that this is unsafe.

There's a big difference between dying BECAUSE of something vs. dying AFTER something, in this case a vaccine...

Other more credible news reports compared to the NY Post are doubting the man's death, 5 days later, had anything to do with having received the vaccine. The guy involved was age 91 with a history of multiple illnesses:

Coronavirus: Switzerland denies rumors of COVID vaccine causing death

A 91-year-old nursing home resident reportedly died in Switzerland five days after receiving the vaccine. Authorities said the patient was already ill and a link with the vaccine was "highly unlikely."

Swiss medical authorities dismissed rumors of BioNTech-Pfizer coronavirus vaccine causing the death of an elderly patient.

The death of the 91-year-old in the central canton of Lucerne was widely reported in Switzerland. The Swiss agency for therapeutic products, Swissmedic, confirmed the incident on Monday, but said the patient already suffered from multiple illnesses.

"Clarifications by cantonal health authorities and Swissmedic determined that, as a result of the illness history and disease course, a link between the death and the COVID-19 vaccine was highly unlikely," it said in a statement. "Neither the medical history nor the acute course of disease suggests a direct causal link between the COVID-19 vaccine and the death," it said.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-switzerland-denies-rumors-of-covid-vaccine-causing-death/a-56099469

And:

Link between COVID-19 shot, Swiss death 'highly unlikely', says drugs regulator

ZURICH: Swiss drugs regulator Swissmedic on Wednesday (Dec 30) said it saw no link between the death of a 91-year old person in the canton of Lucerne and the COVID-19 vaccine, adding the deceased suffered from multiple illnesses before getting the shot.

"Clarifications by cantonal health authorities and Swissmedic determined that, as a result of the illness history and disease course, a link between the death and the COVID-19 vaccine was highly unlikely," the regulator said in a statement.

Swissmedic said previous illnesses would be listed on the death certificate as the person's "natural cause of death".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-vaccine-pfizer-swiss-dies-link-unlikely-13866818

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Swissmedic said previous illnesses would be listed on the death certificate as the person's "natural cause of death".

But when person gets covid and has a history of heart failures and dementia it is listed as covid death? 

Not a conspiracy theorist, but it rubs me the wrong way. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Pravda said:

But when person gets covid and has a history of heart failures and dementia it is listed as covid death? 

Not a conspiracy theorist, but it rubs me the wrong way. 

I'm not sure why after nearly a year of living with Covid this still has to be explained to some people but here goes;

Imagine a scenario where someone has terminal cancer but 2 weeks after being told, they are then shot and killed? What do you think they put as cause of death? Obviously death by gun.

It's exactly the same with Covid. The fact that people have other conditions is irrelevant (other than making them more suspectable) as Covid hastened their demise. Cause of death is therefore Covid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm not sure why after nearly a year of living with Covid this still has to be explained to some people but here goes;

Imagine a scenario where someone has terminal cancer but 2 weeks after being told, they are then shot and killed? What do you think they put as cause of death? Obviously death by gun.

It's exactly the same with Covid. The fact that people have other conditions is irrelevant (other than making them more suspectable) as Covid hastened their demise. Cause of death is therefore Covid. 

Wow.... You completely missed the point. 

10 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

The reason there is a united front on this matter is to counter the many, many anti-vaxers and their propaganda machine and to let people know that EXPERTS who have staked their reputations on this have come out in full support of the vacine. Your opinion is therefore irrelevant (unless you are an expert in this field) as are your hints at some sort of global conspiracy theory regarding pushing' vaccinations. 

The hard facts are the only way we are going to get back to some semblance of normality is through herd immunity which is acheived when 70-75% of a countries population are vacinated (and by the way no herd immunity in the past has EVER been acheived without a vacine). So our only hope is with this vaciine so either get on board or get out of the way as questioning this approach just because you personally think something is 'suspicouss; (but as usual with nothing to back it up) is only going to delay recovery and kill more people.

Sometimes the experts are correct and we should be taking their advice instead of becoming armchair experts ourselves.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well being a forum you have a great opportunity to explain it.

Sure

Imagine a scenario where someone has terminal cancer but 2 weeks after being told, they are then shot and killed? What do you think they put as cause of death? Obviously death by gun.

It's exactly the same with Covid vaccine. The fact that people have other conditions is irrelevant (other than making them more suspectable) as Covid vaccine hastened their demise. Cause of death is therefore Covid vaccine. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

By now probably a few million people all over the world got vaccinated already. We didn't see hundreds of people dying from it, so I think at least in the short term we can consider it as safe. Possible long term effects have to be seen.

That a few people die after an injection can just happen, if somebody were to make a study about how many people die after getting a NaCl injection, there might also be a few cases, this doesn't mean that this is unsafe.

Nobody died in the weeks after taking Thalidomide, either.

It'll take a long time to get the long term results.  That's axiomatic, not conspiratorial.

Edit:  And that includes long term results on the favorable and unfavorable sides.

Edited by impulse

as vaccine is as religion to many,  even side effects cannot be discussed

placebo for the vaccine is a meningococcus vaccine, not a placebo saline

you know why ?  because meningococcus vaccine has also many side effects

so they compare those with the vaccine and conclude :  no difference

only, the placebo which is supposed to be SALINE WATER is not used anymore

I don't call that honest science

Saline injection only would have pain at injection site, not fever or worse

23 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I am not anti vaccination but

hear, hear.

I'll stick to blood-letting and leeches, thank you very much.

And for those demons in my brain, trepanning.

And yes, who doesn't long for the days of cow pox and polio. Ah, the memories.

• Haha 1