Restaurants in Pattaya allowed to re-open

Jonathan Fairfield

Restaurants in Pattaya allowed to re-open

pattaya-city (2).jpg

In a sudden u-turn on the restrictions put in place in Pattaya on Wednesday, restaurants in the town have now been given the green light to re-open.

Several restaurateurs on Thursday confirmed to Thaivisa that the authorities have said they can reopen.

However, strict social distancing measures must be in place and alcohol served but only when dining. All restaurants must also close by 10pm.

Update - 16.55, now confirmed:

9C988067-C365-42D7-A510-1B5D7276D0AB.jpeg

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-31

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

That would explain the email I received about 30 minutes ago from Casa Pascal, left hand, right hand, backflip, flip flop, with a double axle thrown in for good measure ????

Did the email mention alcohol?  The OP says no, but an earlier report I saw said drink was back on the menu.

6 minutes ago, treetops said:

Did the email mention alcohol?  The OP says no, but an earlier report I saw said drink was back on the menu.

No mention of alcohol in the email although there is a picture of 2 Champagne flutes, not sure if I'm allowed to post their phone number but if you Google or FB their number is there.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, treetops said:

Which disagrees with the Kilkenny post which says they will be open until midnight (takeaway after 10).

Not seen that one. Does it mean they (anyone) can sell drink without food.? 

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

That would explain the email I received about 30 minutes ago from Casa Pascal, left hand, right hand, backflip, flip flop, with a double axle thrown in for good measure ????

Saw your post too late...

I can't remember anything about alcohol ban?

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What a mess.

How many might have cancelled their fancy expensive dinner? (3000 to 4000 Baht at Casa Pascal)

It was the other way round. Cafe des Amis cancelled all their bookings only to discover at 5pm that they could open. They didn't bother,

15 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

Why is alcohol served only with meals?

a very good point what is it about the virus which makes it intelligent enough to discern between a lunching beer drinker and one that is fasting!?amazing it can do that,anutin     over to you but then again im sick of BS as this is plainly that if your in the same restaurant or bar.one can and the other cant.absurd.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

a very good point what is it about the virus which makes it intelligent

Oh come on, if meals were not required then the place is acting as a bar.... and during the first lockdown that is exactly what happened in Pattaya...bars were told to close, but restaurants not, and suddenly every little beer bar is serving snacks, like they served scotch eggs in the UK. Many establishments grey the difference anyhow, and might well have the wrong type of licence, or both, (or none!)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It seems like good news to me. I like going to restaurants for meals ( sometimes )

Although I live in naklua booked some nights to stay on soi bukhao.

One of the resaons was good choice of restaurants .IMO .Better than naklua by quite a stretch.

I have managed to try a few of the places that have been mentioned in the Pattaya restaurant review thread as well as just generally helpful people giving useful suggestions when I talk about the subject.

I also think it will help the restaurants, many of which I am sure are struggling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seasia said:

It seems like good news to me. I like going to restaurants for meals ( sometimes )

Although I live in naklua booked some nights to stay on soi bukhao.

One of the resaons was good choice of restaurants .IMO .Better than naklua by quite a stretch.

I have managed to try a few of the places that have been mentioned in the Pattaya restaurant review thread as well as just generally helpful people giving useful suggestions when I talk about the subject.

I also think it will help the restaurants, many of which I am sure are struggling.

Same for me. I visit local restaurants far more than I visit local bars. However, i'd already identified a number of restaurants who serve good food suitable for home delivery. During the last lockdown I virtually lived on Bombay prawns and penne pasta delivered from Vespresso. As for bars I have secured an arangement with a local bar for a lock in on request replete with nominated ladies.

Adapt and survive is the name of the game during lockdowns.

• Like 1