Pattaya To Bang Na Thursday

dsfbrit

I may have to drive to Bang Na on Thursday (tomorrow 7th).

I will drive there and drive straight back again.

Are there any new covid rules in place that prevent me doing this or will give me problems.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by dsfbrit
  • Haha 1

Thanks for quick reply.

So you will drive to Bangkok on the 7 I suppose.

I was going to drive on the 7 and then the 361 and the 34 Expressway to BangNa.

I cannot imagine I will be stopped on that route - it is the Rayong area that has the problems isn't it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dsfbrit said:

Thanks for quick reply.

So you will drive to Bangkok on the 7 I suppose.

I was going to drive on the 7 and then the 361 and the 34 Expressway to BangNa.

I cannot imagine I will be stopped on that route - it is the Rayong area that has the problems isn't it?

Yes, #7 route, can't imagine being stopped tbh, will take hospital appointment slip anyway to show, sure i'll be fine, not at all worried about it, life must go on, right?

• Haha 1

Yes, your trip is necessary. Mine isn't, it would just be a lot easier to go as planned tomorrow. I am just wondering if cars are being checked by police as they seem to be in some areas.

Maybe I have misunderstood the situation and there will be no hassle at all - there seems to be so many conflicting stories regarding Covid.

Good luck in BKK.

• Haha 1

Apparently some are not up on the restrictions.  If you are coming from Pattaya it is a red zone and 14 day " must" isolate.

Maybe you guys will get lucky but if not, hope you have a place to stay for 2 weeks.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has also said that people travelling from high-risk areas, especially “red” zones, must isolate themselves for 14 days.

Meanwhile, all high-risk areas in controlled “red” provinces must be closed, CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said on Tuesday, adding that dining in at restaurants will be prohibited from 9pm to 6am, all stores are required to set up checkpoints to screen people entering the area and ensure visitors check-in via the MorChana application.

Also, inter-provincial travel is banned unless absolutely necessary or involving the transport of goods, while field hospitals will be set up if needed.

“Red” or highly-controlled provinces include Tak, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Saraburi, Lopburi, Singburi, Ang Thong, Nakhon Nayok, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi, Suphanburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Chachoengsao, Prachinburi, Sa Kaew, Samut Prakan, Chanthaburi, Chonburi, Trat, Rayong, Chumphon, Rayong and Bangkok.

Of these provinces, Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Chonburi, Chanthaburi and Trat have been recognised as maximum control provinces or “maroon” zones where new patients continue rising due to risky behaviour and gambling dens.

There will be strict surveillance of all people’s movements and hygiene practices in these provinces

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dsfbrit said:

Yes, your trip is necessary. Mine isn't, it would just be a lot easier to go as planned tomorrow. I am just wondering if cars are being checked by police as they seem to be in some areas.

Maybe I have misunderstood the situation and there will be no hassle at all - there seems to be so many conflicting stories regarding Covid.

Good luck in BKK.

If you're trip is non-essential, despite the unlikelihood of being stopped or checked, why do it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BKK6060, thanks for the reply. Very useful.

I read in another thread that traveling between provinces is now allowed. Are you saying it is not allowed to travel from Pattaya to Bangkok unless it is necessary ?

The trouble is that list you show was dated yesterday. Pattaya is not on it. I think this has changed since yesterday?

I don't know though, but other threads I read suggested travel is now OK?

• Haha 1

Just now, dsfbrit said:

NanLaew, thanks for the reply.

It would not be considered essential by the police, it is essential to me though.

So was Dominic Cummings trip, no? If essential means a doctor's appointment or, like my sister in Tier 5 in England, catching the bus to go get her medication, then yes, that's essential. Checking out IKEA or, like my niece in Tier 5 in Lancaster, hopping off the bus a couple of stops early to go over to her pals house, that's non-essential (and frankly quite selfish as my sister told her).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I rented in Thonglor started 18th January. 

Pattaya to Bangkok.

Is that an essential trip? 

Well relative of course, I paid. 

I will be alone in the condo, so can do a self isolation for 14 days. 

Foodland Thonglor is a 5 minutes walk, so I can do early shopping, less chance of people. 

How is this self isolation been controlled. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, dsfbrit said:

The trouble is that list you show was dated yesterday. Pattaya is not on it

Pattaya is in Chonburi province, which is on the list.

To add, and it may sound stupid but lets say you have to do the 14 days in Bangna.

Then on your way back they stop you and you say you were in Bangna.  They may require you to do another 14 days as you again are coming from a red zone.  

Just sayin, you never know lost in translation whatever how they might determine things here.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

Hi there, Just trying to straighten my problem out. Is the Thai immigration 90 days report link ok for all provinces or only Bangkok. I'm asking this as I moved to my house in Bangkok to do some renovations but my Pattaya property is my registrered address. Cheers.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

How many more years and how many more lockdowns people need to understand that nothing has never been blocked and nothing will be blocked this time again ?! I was thinking that people learn from experience but it clearly seems that it's not true.

Whatever the BS news will say, you can always drive from BKK to anywhere without seeing and roadblock or check, and even if you see one, the chance that they stop you must be under 0%

You catalogue the news as BS. 

Fair enough. 

Just curious,

on what base should we not catalogue your post as BS? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Hi there, Just trying to straighten my problem out. Is the Thai immigration 90 days report link ok for all provinces or only Bangkok. I'm asking this as I moved to my house in Bangkok to do some renovations but my Pattaya property is my registrered address. Cheers.

Not all provinces support on-line 90 day reporting but most do... you can log on via the Intranet and report, they have no idea where you are physically located. (Although the system does seem to have issues with those using a VPN).

Edited by jacko45k

Hi Jeffr2,

Thanks for the reply.

As I said in an earlier post, I have cancelled the trip.

I was confused by the fact there was a report that the governor of Chonburi said that the area was not under 'lockdown'. I took this to mean we could travel around freely for now.

That was Tuesday I think.

As I don't follow the news that closely, I thought I would ask on here to make sure a trip to Bang Na would be 'doable'.

From the replies I got, it soon became evident that there may not be a 'lockdown', but there is not freedom of movement either.

I will be staying home now as much as possible until this whole sorry mess is sorted out.

Thanks for your replies and stay safe ????

• Like 2

Big update for y'all.

Okay we have 2 pages of pure speculation by all posters.

I have just this minute returned from Bangkok.

Ekkamai-Rama9-Highway 7-pattaya railway road-to Makro area.

Not one checkpoint of any type (on either side of the highway). Actually only saw one Highway police car during the whole journey. Traffic as per normal, but a lot less as schools are closed.

Overall a nice drive.

21 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Big update for y'all.

Not one checkpoint of any type (on either side of the highway). Actually only saw one Highway police car during the whole journey. Traffic as per normal, but a lot less as schools are closed.

Overall a nice drive.

AFAIK, shopping at makro in Pattaya isn't classed as essential travel, but I digress...

So, as an obviously public-spirited person who is eager to share your experiences with others, are you posting the details of your magnificently irresponsible road trip from the confines of your self-imposed 14-day quarantine?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Big update for y'all.

Overall a nice drive.

Considering the order just came out last night, it will take a few days for processes and checkpoints to be established.

• Like 1