Fastest residential internet speeds?

makescents

I may have the opportunity to move back to Thailand sometime this/next year but my job will require a solid internet connection with fast international speeds to North America.

Since I've been away from Thailand for a while and it looks like the country has significantly improved it's internet speeds I was just wondering what are the best residential hookups you can get these days in Bangkok?

More or less all ISPs offer gigabit fiber (for house - FTTH) at below 1000 baht per month, depending on upload speed. FTTX for condos is available from True and 3BB at gigabit downstream. 1000/1000 is available but a bit more expensive. Using a decent Wifi router, provided by ISP, you can get around 570 mbps through 5GHz connection, and about 1 Gbps through LAN due to most having only gigabit network ports. International speeds don't come to max. speeds of packages but are generally very decent. Speedtest to SF on 800 Mbps link came to around 600 Mbps on AIS Fibre FTTH.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, makescents said:

I may have the opportunity to move back to Thailand sometime this/next year but my job will require a solid internet connection with fast international speeds to North America.

Since I've been away from Thailand for a while and it looks like the country has significantly improved it's internet speeds I was just wondering what are the best residential hookups you can get these days in Bangkok?

The answer depends on what type of residence you will be staying at.  If it's a condo, then you are limited to what type of wiring/connection is setup for a condo.  For older condos,  the internet service might be around 100 mbps or less.  If it's a house, then you may be able to get it wired for a gigabit service.  Also, "fastest international speed to North America" is whole different ball game as the bottleneck may not be the internet service.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HidyHo said:

For older condos,  the internet service might be around 100 mbps or less. 

A friend in Jomtien has a whopping 10 Mbit/s download and less than 5 Mbit/s upload.

Hardly possible to have a stable videochat

Tried to help him with advice and alternatives to no avail.

I get 1000 mbps down and 200 mbps  up, 899 per month. I live in an older building on the 20th floor. 7,000 baht to run the fibre cable from the street to my room. 3BB.

Using Nord VPN I get 250mbs down and 50 mbps up when selecting Australia as my location.  Singapore is usually good to.

9 hours ago, makescents said:

It's faster then in America 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

A friend in Jomtien has a whopping 10 Mbit/s download and less than 5 Mbit/s upload.

Yes, here in Jomtien it is more typically less than 1Mb/s upload.

Lots of sand but no fiber!  Very sparse 5G also.