I purchased a new WiFi camera - Does this look Normal ?

Bill Poster

I purchased a new WiFi camera and followed the instructions to set it up using an Android app on my mobile phone . I tried for several days to get this new WiFi camera working but in the end I gave up . So I decided to have a look inside the camera unit just in case some thing appeared to be broken. One area that impressed me when I went to purchase this WiFi camera was its 3 antennas which I thought would be a bonus .

When I removed the base cover of the WiFi camera to check out if any thing was broken the first thing that struck me was the connection wires from the 3 antennas appeared to have been cut and were not connected to the cameras main printed circuit board. 

Would having the connection wires from the 3 antennas cut , be some thing normal when the camera unit was manufactured . Or am I missing some thing ?.

WiFiCam1.jpg

WiFiCam2.jpg

• Sad 1

I don't think it's cut. I think the antennas are only for decoration to make you think this thingy has 3 antennas... actually it has none. Maybe there's internal antenna (that metallish piece bottom left of the board) but surely not the antennas at the back.

• Like 1