Urgent nonstop flights from Bangkok to London

A friend was looking for me and reported on 5 January that there were plenty of both nonstop and 1 stopover flights available. Apparently at some point this all changed yesterday and there is only one flight a week - Thai, every Sunday, as of now. What is going on? And is it likely to change in the next 7 or 8 days ?

Thanks for proper replies!

well, to my knowledge there were only 3 non stop carrriers to London.

Thai, BA, Eva. To my knowledge all 2 have now stopped routes to London for this year, or in BA case until October.

Happy to be corrected, but that's my understanding.

Checking Thai Airways they do offer flights weekly on their website:

https://flights.thaiairways.com/en-th/flights-from-bangkok-to-london

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

well, to my knowledge there were only 3 non stop carrriers to London.

Thai, BA, Eva. To my knowledge all 2 have now stopped routes to London for this year, or in BA case until October.

Happy to be corrected, but that's my understanding.

Checking Thai Airways they do offer flights weekly on their website:

https://flights.thaiairways.com/en-th/flights-from-bangkok-to-london

Why would anyone book a flight let alone pay money to an airline who's phone lines are not working and there's no one to talk to at Thai Inter?...

3 hours ago, hobobo said:

A friend was looking for me and reported on 5 January that there were plenty of both nonstop and 1 stopover flights available. Apparently at some point this all changed yesterday and there is only one flight a week - Thai, every Sunday, as of now. What is going on? And is it likely to change in the next 7 or 8 days ?

A Covid clear test is now also required to be allowed to enter the UK. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-international-travellers-to-england-will-need-negative-covid-test-before-they-are-allowed-to-enter-12181938

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

BBC and your link said England and Scotland just now, I am sure Belfast and Cardiff will follow.

I have been told by the local Post Office that all AIR MAIL to & from Europe has been suspended until further notice due to this latest covid outbreak , why this is the case they could not elaborate but I would have thought a letter or parcel could be  de-contaminated  quite easily ? .

22 hours ago, hobobo said:

I think non-stop it's only TG now. I may have to make a trip back in next few weeks so have been looking. TG want an astonishing THB 108,000 for a one-way business class ticket. Qatar have one-way business for just under THB 60K. If I have to make this trip, I'd fly Qatar. More flight options too. 3-hour layover in Doha which is fine. 

37 minutes ago, andy8017 said:

I have been told by the local Post Office that all AIR MAIL to & from Europe has been suspended until further notice due to this latest covid outbreak , why this is the case they could not elaborate but I would have thought a letter or parcel could be  de-contaminated  quite easily ? .

The actual facts are here ... https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why would anyone book a flight let alone pay money to an airline who's phone lines are not working and there's no one to talk to at Thai Inter?...

Having not found any need to contact an airline by phone in many years now, I would.  My problem is with those that do not support email or chat contacts. 

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Does DCA also do a list for flights from BKK to UK? This is from UK to BKK and I don't think it's necessarily the case that just because an airline flies here, it also flies the return leg.

Of course, matters change so quickly at the moment that it's a challenge to keep on top of it everything.

16 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Does DCA also do a list for flights from BKK to UK? This is from UK to BKK and I don't think it's necessarily the case that just because an airline flies here, it also flies the return leg.

Of course, matters change so quickly at the moment that it's a challenge to keep on top of it everything

i too am looking to fly to the UK this month, if you dont mind one stop (2hrs) then KLM are flying daily to MAN or LHR daily via AMS for roughly GBP310

To transit through AMS you need covid pcr test cert but UK introducing in a week anyway

3 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

I think non-stop it's only TG now. I may have to make a trip back in next few weeks so have been looking. TG want an astonishing THB 108,000 for a one-way business class ticket. Qatar have one-way business for just under THB 60K. If I have to make this trip, I'd fly Qatar. More flight options too. 3-hour layover in Doha which is fine. 

Why DON'T Yer fly Economy Class ?? It'll More than likely to be EMPTY Anyway....Or is Money NO Object ??

3 hours ago, andy8017 said:

As of when? I did receive some airmail this  week, although it was posted in Europe early Dec.

The Thai flight is likely to continue - at least for now.  I believe that it becomes a repatriation flight on its return so as long a repat flights continue leaving the UK, the incoming flight should also continue (logically but......????).

On 1/8/2021 at 7:20 AM, RubbaJohnny said:

BBC and your link said England and Scotland just now, I am sure Belfast and Cardiff will follow.

There are currently no international flights operating via Cardiff airport and hence why the Welsh government haven’t made a similar announcement. They have already stated though that the same rules will apply as soon as there is!

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It’s working fine

Something's changed since the 5th - there were up to 34 flights a week up to 6 January, but only one a week since 8th: Thai TG910, dep every Sunday 03:30, arriving London 09:35. No other flights by any airline, not even the stop-over ones (Middle East, Europe, Scandinavia...) Peculiar...

Archived