Setting up e mail account via Google

HAPPYNUFF

A mate  does not have a computer, and has no idea how to use one, at this stage.   As  there is no   mail to or from  Thailand to his country I tried setting up  an account  with Google for him.

So my name would not appear on any message he will send, I swirched my  computer to "guest" status.  Followed ALL the instructions on how to do this, and supplied his phone number, as required.  Entered details. Received the  reply that  a SMS message would be sent to the phone number provided, giving a 6 diigt code, which I would then enter into the application detail area. Never received message or code.  I put the phone number in with the Thai  Internatjonal Code prfix, and being a mobile number , I even entered the ZERO that precedes the  normal number.  < As this didnt work I tried different  ways to enter the number, on subsequent  attempts.   Never did get a code number.      In desperation, I  came out of "guest" setting and tried again,  even gave  a different phone number (mine),,  again,  reply that I would receive an SMS with code.....Never did......I sent off two queries/complaints to  2 different help area of Google,,,no response there either.  What am I doing wrong??

2 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

A mate  does not have a computer, and has no idea how to use one, at this stage.   As  there is no   mail to or from  Thailand to his country I tried setting up  an account  with Google for him.

So my name would not appear on any message he will send, I swirched my  computer to "guest" status.  Followed ALL the instructions on how to do this, and supplied his phone number, as required.  Entered details. Received the  reply that  a SMS message would be sent to the phone number provided, giving a 6 diigt code, which I would then enter into the application detail area. Never received message or code.  I put the phone number in with the Thai  Internatjonal Code prfix, and being a mobile number , I even entered the ZERO that precedes the  normal number.  < As this didnt work I tried different  ways to enter the number, on subsequent  attempts.   Never did get a code number.      In desperation, I  came out of "guest" setting and tried again,  even gave  a different phone number (mine),,  again,  reply that I would receive an SMS with code.....Never did......I sent off two queries/complaints to  2 different help area of Google,,,no response there either.  What am I doing wrong??

if you supplied his phone number the SMS would be sent to his phone number

• Haha 1

Please read my original message AGAIN..  First time I supplied  HIS number,  on several attempts actually.  I finally supplied my phone number on   later attempts.  Never received any SMS  on either..   OK, Got that???

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Happy

On 1/9/2021 at 6:39 PM, HAPPYNUFF said:

Please read my original message AGAIN..  First time I supplied  HIS number,  on several attempts actually.  I finally supplied my phone number on   later attempts.  Never received any SMS  on either..   OK, Got that???

Try what Ubonjoe says I can tell you it works because every time I log in from a different computer I have to do the verification thing and it works,  The challenge is that you have to check your notifications. screen to find the notification that means dragging down from the top of your phoneso that you get the

time 

date

buttons for mobile data internet connection flashlight and other things.

Look there and you should find what you are looking for

Best of luck

On 1/9/2021 at 6:39 PM, HAPPYNUFF said:

Does your mate have an android smartphone?

If so then he should have a google account to operate it as Play Store is a google service. Google mail is a default app on android phones and an account just needs to be activated.

Not familiar with mail on other types of phone.

Some years ago a friend of mine had to use google mail for something to do with his work so he asked me to set up an account. I knew he had a Samsung and said he already had an account which he strongly denied. Turned out someone else had set his phone up when he bought it. I recovered the password and when opened mail there were a mountain of emails in it, gob smacked  or what.

• Like 1