Any pick-up recommendation?

heiri007

2 hours ago, transam said:

So why aren't the fleet owners using them...?

Need to ask them ... ????

My guess, Yank badged resale value sucks here, especially with Chevy throwing in the towel.  My brother loved his Ranger, had 2, just switch over to Ram, loves that also.  Give me the best specs for best price, don't care what name is on it.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 10:01 AM, Jitar said:

The companies I have worked for purchased pickups mostly on price.  There was usually a minimum spec and requirement for dealer / service support.  Reliability was not a particularly big factor because there has not been a huge difference between the major brands in the last decade or more.  Some brands focus on fleet sales more than others and offer low price for the appropriate spec.  Some just don't have the dealer network to compete.  

The dominance of Corolla taxi's in Thailand is a good example.  The Civic or Mazda 3 are superior cars in many ways but Toyota cater to the taxi requirements better.  

Decades ago taxi drivers in Germany all used Mercedes-Benz diesel because of cheaper fuel costs. And at that time they were almost the only diesel sedan available. But super expensive to buy and maintain. Then came Volkswagen and other brands with their diesel engines. And taxi drivers all forgot about their beloved mercedes. 

What I'm trying to say for fleet owners it's mostly about investment and running costs not about reliability or comfort. 

That's why in Thailand for a pick up I still would prefer Mitsubishi or Ford over other brands

Edited by CLW

On 1/9/2022 at 9:32 AM, transam said:
On 1/9/2022 at 9:24 AM, KhunLA said:

... simply a Mazda (T6), and been around for 15 ish years, so decent track record.

So why aren't the fleet owners using them...?

I think I shot down this excuse for an argument in a similar thread several years ago but that was before Global House started operating fleets of Tatra's.

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

I like the economic and service line of Mitsubushi, and the only thing I regret when bying a pick up, I did not buy a 4x4! 

Wouldn't have a need for a 4X4, unless planned on doing a lot a beach driving, which isn't done much here.  Where we go anyway.

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Wouldn't have a need for a 4X4, unless planned on doing a lot a beach driving, which isn't done much here.  Where we go anyway.

You will be surprised when you dancing around in the rain season how much you missing the 4x4. 

I thought exactly the same as you when I bought mine. You never know when you have use for it, especially when the <deleted> hits the fan. Its all about safety on these pick ups with a bit more grip on the tail with 4x4

Edited by Hummin