Motorbike Mechanic making House call

sucher

Hello all
Looking for a ,, Mechanic ,, to start my Honda Phantom. Was running great until I stopped driving it around a Year ago. I already bought a new Battery. I hear she wants to start but can not quite make it. Can't be much wrong with her. So, anybody can help? Anybody know a Mechanic willing to come to my Place on Thepprasit ? Thanks

There's a couple motorcycle shops on Thepprasit, probably not far from you. I'm sure they'd make a "house call" if asked though I don't know what they'd charge.

This place is about halfway down Thepprasit, near the go-kart place.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9075574,100.8821127,3a,41.7y,169.91h,88.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFlKvc-8BAwpViDKyCNWnYw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

This one is a couple shops further down (heading towards Thappraya):
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9074871,100.8818447,3a,20.4y,165.52h,89.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1st-tJNKSjIipgluStUqkuIw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

I'm going to the shop I deal with tomorrow morning to order a new tire. I can ask the guy there if he'd be willing to make a house call to Thepprasit (he's on soi Batman though).

8 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

This could be expensive, my friend left his motorcycle for a year and the unleaded fuel turned to black tar. Unleaded fuel is unstable.

They had to put in a new fuel system including injector.

Old gas in the system could be the problem. 

I had a "old gas" problem on my old phantom many years ago. As I was out of the country for months at a time for work, the bike sat in the car port for long stretches, especially as I was using the Harley most of the time when I was in country.
One morning as I was having coffee, I suddenly got the strong turpentine type smell coming from outside. 
Rushed out to look and saw a large puddle of gas draining onto the street. A fuel line under the tank had literally dissolved and a full tank of old gas had drained. Nothing to absorb the gas and most of it was already running down the soi towards the nearest sewer so I got the water hose out and flushed it down the sewer before someone came along and threw a cigarette butt into it.
Replacing the fuel line wasn't expensive but I was surprised at how quickly it had deteriorated. I think the bike was less than 8 years old but for most of those 8 years it would sit idle for 3+ months, get used occasionally for a month then sit for another 3+ months. I guess the fuel line would dry out during those idle periods and age a little quicker than normal.

Once the fuel line was replaced and fresh gas put into it, it was fine.

(I had the same thing happen on my water dispenser not long ago. It started leaking from inside. Opened it up and found the cheap rubber hose that lead to the heater was crumbling at the end. Cut the end off, reseated the hose and clamped it and it's fine. For now.)

9 hours ago, douglasspade said:

Let someone push you down the street in neutral and flip to 2nd gear, drop the clutch and open throttle, sure she will go.

Or push you down the street to a motorcycle shop, they seem to be everywhere. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Cut the end off, reseated the hose and clamped it and it's fine. For now.)

My motorcycle was having an intermittent problem and the end of a rubber hose running to the fuel pump supplying vacuum (I think) was cracked, simply needed to cut the end off and reseat it. A very intermittent problem that was beyond a large M/C repair place in Naklua. They suggested I have to use Gasohol 95 after 10 years of it running fine on the cheaper stuff. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or push you down the street to a motorcycle shop, they seem to be everywhere. 

I think the closest one to him (that I can see) is a little over a kilometer away. (I didn't look down all the small sois around that area though. Could be some other small shops scattered around there.)

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I think the closest one to him (that I can see) is a little over a kilometer away. (I didn't look down all the small sois around that area though. Could be some other small shops scattered around there.)

I was thinking of being pushed by a friend on another bike with his foot stuck out... as I often see where I live. Usually due to locals thinking 'if I can just reach home, my sister will have to put fuel in it'......

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Really nice gesture.....

No big deal really. I was heading to the shop anyways and the weather was great so a little detour wasn't a bad thing. All going well his bike will be up and running tomorrow afternoon.

And if things work out, I should have the new tire I ordered on my bike around the same time.

• Like 1