Cannot access 3BB website from UK

parryhandy

HI I'm  stuck in the UK and for some reason I cannot access the 3bb website or use the 3bb member app from the UK anymore so cannot pay the internet bills online now. Anybody any idea what's going on as it used to work for most of last year ? Looks like it's been geo restricted but why on earth would they do that ? 

I suspect that 3bb like many other sites restricts access to only the regions it serves.  Lazada for example I can not access if it from a non Thailand server.  You can sign up for a VPN like NORD and then select the location of the server you want to connect to.  I know for some USA sites I select one of the USA servers.  For Lazada and others in Thailand I select a server based  in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

Well thanks  I suspected that but it worked fine (both app and website) for most of 2020 and it's the only site I cannot use. Infact I have bought presents from here online from Lazada and had them delivered to the family home with no problems. What reason would they have to restrict access ?

7 minutes ago, parryhandy said:

Well thanks  I suspected that but it worked fine (both app and website) for most of 2020 and it's the only site I cannot use. Infact I have bought presents from here online from Lazada and had them delivered to the family home with no problems. What reason would they have to restrict access ?

maybe some DoS attacks from Chinese or Indians, so the Thai solution is banned everyone who is not Thailand ????

• 3 weeks later...