Can You Use A Bus Ticket As Proof That You Are Leaving The Country?

on entering thailand (with the 30 day visa) you now have to show proof of a flight out of the country.

why a flight? is this coz they presume that everyone will fly home?

what if i plan to go to malaysia or singapore by bus?

can I (somehow) pre-book a bus to malaysia or singapore and show this as proof of departure from thailand?

> it would be interesting to get an accurate answer on this topic becasue it would save many hours wasted buying full priced air tickets and then cancelling them for a refund after I have cleared customs!!

on entering thailand (with the 30 day visa) you now have to show proof of a flight out of the country.

can I (somehow) pre-book a bus to malaysia or singapore and show this as proof of departure from thailand?

> it would be interesting to get an accurate answer on this topic becasue it would save many hours wasted buying full priced air tickets and then cancelling them for a refund after I have cleared customs!!

We have heard reports of train tickets costing around 1,200 Baht being allowed.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

The sign that I saw today at the Ban Laem border to Cambodia just said "air tickets or travel documents." I didn't have to worry about that, so I don't know specifics...but that's what the sign says.