Things That Irritate Me

steffi

my omellette is still a failure.

those futile attempt to create an omellette. :o

i really ought to give up cooking.

Kitty, patience. If it's not a local problem with eggs (I think eggs is eggs everywhere), try this if you haven't already.

Add a dash of water, thrash dem eggs till they're foamy, Get your pan (preferably non-stick) piping hot with a little butter or oil. Pour your egg into the middle and wait till the outside starts to set. Then start to pull it in from the edges and let the runny stuff run to the outside. Lower the heat, cover the pan for a minute or two, toss in your filling and fold it over - voila, ze omelette is ready, light, fluffy and mouth watering. If you can't hack it next time, PM me and I'll commiserate while giving you my poaching recipe. A bit off topic but never mind, maybe I've irritated a few BMs. :D

Edited by qwertz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those futile attempt to create an omellette. :D

Kitty, patience. If it's not a local problem with eggs (I think eggs is eggs everywhere), try this if you haven't already.

Add a dash of water, thrash dem eggs till they're foamy, Get your pan (preferably non-stick) piping hot with a little butter or oil. Pour your egg into the middle and wait till the outside starts to set. Then start to pull it in from the edges and let the runny stuff run to the outside. Lower the heat, cover the pan for a minute or two, toss in your filling and fold it over - voila, ze omelette is ready, light, fluffy and mouth watering. If you can't hack it next time, PM me and I'll commiserate while giving you my poaching recipe. A bit off topic but never mind, maybe I've irritated a few BMs. :D

I always a splash of milk to the mixture. makes the omelette light and fluffy...

who said falangs don't talk food?! :o

I always a splash of milk to the mixture. makes the omelette light and fluffy...

who said falangs don't talk food?! :o

You can't beat a good omelette, rychrde. Excuse pun.

those futile attempt to create an omellette. :o

I would not rule this initiative out, MM. I like a feisty woman. Hope she posts again, there's not enough ladies on this board.

Ok. Deal. Your place. You make the omelette, I bring my stomach.

btw, the thread starters' angmoh a bit wrong.

It should be, behaviours that irritate me. not things.

things, are like items rite?

Here's some that irritates me:

urine droplets on the toliet seats. Some people just can't aim.

butt sweat, the kind of sweat stucked in between your butt cracks on those ultra hot sweaty afternoons causing your undies to be soaked with icky sweat.

my refuse to go flat tummy, aka love handles.

On my trip back to Singapore from Japan last year. I had the window seat and one japanese man had the aisle seat, we have one seat empty between us.

During the flight, he took off his shoes, roll down his socks and proceed to massage his feet at my direction. The 'prong' was describe-able. It was feet, mixed in with the supposedly 'sweat absorbing chemicals insoles' smell wafting at my direction on and off for the 8 hours flight.

On another flight to USA recently, on American Airline from Narita Japan. I had the window seat again and 2 japanese males behind me.

The guy at the window seat, took off his shoes and prop his feet on my armrest. Same smell....... :D I tried to sleep to forget the smell, but it got the better of me and I finally has to stand up a bit more. (I was still too short and cannot seem to see over my seat even when I was standing up....I climbed onto my own seat, lean over that Japanese man) and ask him to please put his shoes back on. :o

I would not rule this initiative out, MM. I like a feisty woman. Hope she posts again, there's not enough ladies on this board.

Ok. Deal. Your place. You make the omelette, I bring my stomach.

And the wine, I hope. I'm no pushover. :o

Sure, just dont be too fussy k.

Me really cheapskate bummer student. Can only afford cheapskate wines.

So what would it be? Red? White? Rose or Riesling?

The cheapest grape would taste like nectar in your cherished company, my dear. No need to strain your limited budget for me. BTW, don't be taken in by maigo's smooth talk, he's a notorious philanderer and doesn't know squat from cooking. He always tries to move in on my prospective conquests.

urine droplets on the toliet seats. Some people just can't aim.

It's not the aim, it's the following shake. :D

Okay....so the shaker is a lousy aim still. :D

You are quit right Miss Kitty,

It all depends on who does the shaking :o

cheers

onzestan

The cheapest grape would taste like nectar in your cherished company, my dear. No need to strain your limited budget for me. BTW, don't be taken in by maigo's smooth talk, he's a notorious philanderer and doesn't know squat from cooking. He always tries to move in on my prospective conquests.

what irritates me? people who engage in protracted dryhumps on Thaivisa threads.

there are PM's, there is a chat function. get on the nest together if you wish, but spare me joy of reading it.

to speculate, does anyone else see a similarity between the monikers "viciouskitty" and "graceless fawn"?

i suspect the only real difference is a couple of tequila shooters

what irritates me? people who engage in protracted dryhumps on Thaivisa threads.

there are PM's, there is a chat function. get on the nest together if you wish, but spare me joy of reading it.

to speculate, does anyone else see a similarity between the monikers "viciouskitty" and "graceless fawn"?

Having a bad day, t.s.?

Having a bad day, t.s.?

nope, just on topic

Why is it whenever the mother is around or for that matter when she's not whenever food is consumed there's a mandatory 30 minute discussion about how arroy it was and if it wasn't where it's done better and why?

I get so tired of the constant discussions about food whenever it's consumed. to me it's just food and I don't have to analyze it to death.

Secondly,

If you are married and support your wife overseas and she earns money there but expects me to pay most of the time. How would you feel if every time her mother opens her wallet to pay for something she offers to pay herself or ask me to contribute. Note: when we are in Thailand I'm expected to pick up most significant expenses. ie. my wife is happy to pay for her mother to tour somewhere but I'm expected to pick up the expense for any touring my wife and I do. I don't think this is a "fair" balance of expenditure.

The question you should be asking yourself is if its you or your money that she loves. Try to talk to her about this and start to act on you feelings, and see what happens.

Why is it whenever the mother is around or for that matter when she's not whenever food is consumed there's a mandatory 30 minute discussion about how arroy it was and if it wasn't where it's done better and why?

I get so tired of the constant discussions about food whenever it's consumed. to me it's just food and I don't have to analyze it to death.

How was your dinner ?

LOL @ Maigo! 5555 :o

its a good thing you came and posted this on thai visa instead of bringing it up with her.

I'll post it here too if I finish up with a wife who can't speak English. And somebody better listen if I do. :o

Actually turning off the 5W stand-by is a great thing. I was reading how much a nation can save just by doing it. Billions and billions of $ a year, no kidding.

And tonight we had Antipasto misto, Spaghetti alla puttanesca, Ossubuco alla Milanese and Tiramisu' and we talked about it 2 hours :o.

It's called food culture and it's one of the best thing in life, along with sex and sleeping :D

sheeeeesh!!! No wonder Thai girls find me so attractive :bah:

:D :D :D

And the wine, I hope. I'm no pushover. :D

Having a bad day, t.s.?

nope, just on topic

LOL, you are indeed having a bad day, if others bantering is irritating you.

Here is something else that irritates me too. When some onliners, figuring they are so smart, they dont even know who they are trying to gossip about. And all they can do is whine about similarities of people who has annoyed them, but never get to really know.

Too bad, I prefer hard liqour. VSOP to be exact. :o

Ah Kitty, how are you my sweet? Some guys just don't know how to relate. What are you gonna do? Spread a little happiness, that's my philosophy. Although, maybe we're off topic a bit now and then, you know, not being irritated all the time. VSOP, mmmmmmmmmm

Secondly,

If you are married and support your wife overseas and she earns money there but expects me to pay most of the time. How would you feel if every time her mother opens her wallet to pay for something she offers to pay herself or ask me to contribute. Note: when we are in Thailand I'm expected to pick up most significant expenses. ie. my wife is happy to pay for her mother to tour somewhere but I'm expected to pick up the expense for any touring my wife and I do. I don't think this is a "fair" balance of expenditure.

folks that whine about 1000 baht (or less) at a time irritate me

Edited by jdinasia

Well it just gets so irritating and repetitive to hear this over and over every time something is consumed. Note: I've been married for over five years but this still continues to annoy me to this day.
The Thais are much like the Italians and the French in this respect when it comes to discussing food to the nth degree.

And so does every cultured society.

Discussing delicacies is good manners anywhere in the world.

No need to stress out over something you can't change. Get over it, the health benefits will be immeasurable!

Concerned in Seattle

Ah Kitty, how are you my sweet? Some guys just don't know how to relate. What are you gonna do? Spread a little happiness, that's my philosophy. Although, maybe we're off topic a bit now and then, you know, not being irritated all the time. VSOP, mmmmmmmmmm

Oh hmmm...talk about irritated.

It does irritate me whenever whoever left their tissue papers in the pocket and it's bits was spread all throughout the laundry.

Especially when its dark colour clothes.

Though.....a ice cold beer, really chilled wine in a lovely glass, does make all these irritations goes away. :o

Go pour yourself a beer t.s.

Or those tequila shots you like so much.

Edited by viciouskitty74

Yo Kitty. What irritates me is when someone with a tiny Nissan Micra takes up the last two spaces outside my house. If I had a big dog I'd let him pee on it - every day. Oh yeah, and recorded phone messages from firms trying to sell something. And call centres with their moronic canvassing. And JWs knocking on my door. Or my ageing old crone of a neighbour mooching round the hall in the small hours - creepy. Is this irritating enough, t.s.?

Navyman has the right idea, hang loose t.s.

hmmm....picking up the check...usually I have to fight to get it from my Thai friends/gf....depends your circle I think. Considered a point of pleasure to be able to treat ones friends here. Even though I am usually the older, and probably richer or same the thais I hang with now really do often pay unless I can get to the check first...the endless food rap is ok now that I am used to it....it is culture driven and as an earlier poster said makes easy non-threatening conversation, no?

my only major and often daily irritation is driving here. Unfortuntely I must commute a ways for work and some days are really terrifying. The lack of any semblance of traffic law/ettiquete that goes here is astonishing. I am getting better at handling it...but sometimes, my fault, for sure, I kind of "daydream" or go on "autopilot" which here can be life threatening...where red lights don't always mean stop, green doesn't always mean its safe to go and and the people in front can and will execute the most interesting manuevers. I think my real fear is I will kill someone...my truck is pretty solid and should come out ok in most collisions but what if I flatten someone??? uuugggg...oh well still everything else is pretty d#mn groovy....and arroi mak! :o

my only major and often daily irritation is driving here. Unfortuntely I must commute a ways for work and some days are really terrifying. The lack of any semblance of traffic law/ettiquete that goes here is astonishing. I am getting better at handling it...but sometimes, my fault, for sure, I kind of "daydream" or go on "autopilot" which here can be life threatening...where red lights don't always mean stop, green doesn't always mean its safe to go and and the people in front can and will execute the most interesting manuevers. I think my real fear is I will kill someone...my truck is pretty solid and should come out ok in most collisions but what if I flatten someone??? uuugggg...oh well still everything else is pretty d#mn groovy....and arroi mak! :D

Go live in Vietnam for a few months.

Thai drivers are quite polite and considerate in comparison.

I would never drive in Thailand until I lived in Hanoi for 6 months and had to. I often prayed for my life before driving to work and I am a lapsed Catholic.

Thailand seems quite safe in comparison! :o