Can You Recommend Some Islands Please..?

Ive got some friends coming to Thailand for the first time in a few weeks,

(On honeymoon) they would like to visit some of the islands

And they have asked me which of the islands are not too

Touristy, (not too over crowded or commercial) not ever going to the islands my self, could

Any one comes up with any personal recommendations of some Islands that

May fit the bill …?

Thanks Mumbo

Koh Jum and Koh Phayam are my favourite islands up to now. Both offer sufficient inexpensive but good-standard accommodation, big, empty beaches and lush interiors. Koh Ngai, Koh Chang (near Ranong NOT the island of the same name near the Cambodian border) and Koh Yao Noi come a close second. Koh Sukhon is also a nice, friendly little island. Koh Kradan is OK, too although the main resort is not so good and pricey.

If you're looking to get away from the crowds, I'd avoid Koh Lanta, Koh Chang (Trat), Koh Samet and of course Koh Samui and Phuket. Although the latter two also have some very nice less-developed beaches, such as Mae Nam on Samui and Nai Yang on Phuket.

It's not an island, but I would also recommend considering Khao Lak, up the coast from Phuket, which has a good range of budget to 5-star accomodation and is not overly commercialized (yet).

On the Gulf of Thailand side, there are Koh Tao and the less-developed part of Koh Pha Ngan. I don't have any experience with them, but I imagine someone else will comment.

See Andaman Island Hopping.com

Just wanted to add that I failed to notice you said they'd be coming in a few weeks. That means it's actually a bad time to visit islands. It's rainy season, the sea tends to be rough this time of year, and many ferry & boat services aren't running. I've heard that Koh Samet tends to be the driest during this season. Otherwise, they should probably stay in coastal areas where they don't need a boat trip: Khao Lak, Pak Meng, Ao Manao for example.

Koh Lipe, very quiet, nice place on the border zone with Malayasia. Its safe though and takes about three hours by boat to get there.

but I think May to Nov or something like that=no saison due to bad weather

Koh Lipe, very quiet, nice place on the border zone with Malayasia. Its safe though and takes about three hours by boat to get there.

but I think May to Nov or something like that=no saison due to bad weather

I think they have just closed that part --Tarutao and nearby islands... can someone confirm?