Samsung Galaxy replacement batteries

bluesofa

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. It's probably 'old' now, by mobile phone standards.

The battery (listed in the spec. as 3.3AH) has finally given up the ghost. Sometimes charging from empty to full within ten minutes, then lasting for only a couple of hours.

In Udon she asked about a replacement, but was told they aren't available any more.

I have seen some on Amazon/eBay for sale (assuming they're genuine and not a con?), but wonder if they are still available in Thailand somewhere?

8 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

How can you open it up to change the battery?

I’ve just watched a video of how to on google...Seems you need an oven, a tiddley wink, a thin sheet of something  and a screwdriver.

Doesn’t look that easy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. It's probably 'old' now, by mobile phone standards.

The battery (listed in the spec. as 3.3AH) has finally given up the ghost. Sometimes charging from empty to full within ten minutes, then lasting for only a couple of hours.

In Udon she asked about a replacement, but was told they aren't available any more.

I have seen some on Amazon/eBay for sale (assuming they're genuine and not a con?), but wonder if they are still available in Thailand somewhere?

There are many batteries on Lazada, cheap as chips, some even come with the tools for doing the job. It can be a tricky operation but quite doable if you follow the many videos on YouTube showing you the step by step operation. I have replaced my Huewai phone and my wifes Apple phones batteries.

Screenshot_2021-01-16-13-05-35-182.jpeg

really really need to do ones homework, if the Galaxy was not sourced New from LOS...   

I've been thru the motions of going to a Samsung Shop somewhere in BKK, where to intent and purposes the Battery on their books matched the Model No of my existing Batt. So the dude sojourned off and came back with the 'replacement' which was then shown to not be the same size even!! 

In my case the p[hone was new from OZ, and its battery happened to falter while we were in LOS for a month.  

Sending away Online for a replacement might be a disappointing waste of time? make sure the specs sheet online also shows a good closeup of the new Batt being mooted.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I’ve just watched a video of how to on google...Seems you need an oven, a tiddley wink, a thin sheet of something  and a screwdriver.

Doesn’t look that easy.

Just wanted to write on this.

Found in a spec sheet:

Type Li-Ion 3300 mAh, non-removable

That means you better not try on your own.

Some nerds at specialized repair shops might be able to find a solution.

Non-removable: barefaced but universally accepted method for built-in obsolescence.

• Like 1

Not sure where you are but someone in TUC COM  Pattaya can get  anything for anything.  I know,  sourced loads of 'stuff' from them, for old and new. Of course, if you get a year out of any replacement sourced here then you are lucky, but hey, you can't have everything.   My last one, for my I Phone 6, just yesterday, 600 Baht. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Is Tukcom Udon at Landmark Plaza still the place to go for all matters mobile?

I haven't been there for years.

Quite sure there were repair shop/shacks at the time.

Edited by KhunBENQ

44 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

฿149.00 -75% | แบตเตอรี่ Samsung J7 (เจ 7) Battery 3.85V 3000mAh ! มีประกัน 3 เดือน | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.2iktH

Many others on there too.

Thanks for the link Charlie. Lazada never occurred to me for this.

I not being ungrateful, but it doesn't seem very specific regarding the model.

My wife's J7 Prime has a 3.3AH battery, whereas my J7 Pro has a 3.6AH battery.

Fine, a lower capacity battery is not a problem, except that are all the J7's exactly the same physical battery size and connection?

For the price it must be a copy using the Samsung name?

I accept that for the price, 'you pays yer money and takes yer choice'.

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for the link Charlie. Lazada never occurred to me for this.

I not being ungrateful, but it doesn't seem very specific regarding the model.

My wife's J7 Prime has a 3.3AH battery, whereas my J7 Pro has a 3.6AH battery.

Fine, a lower capacity battery is not a problem, except that are all the J7's exactly the same physical battery size and connection?

For the price it must be a copy using the Samsung name?

I accept that for the price, 'you pays yer money and takes yer choice'.

I used that link to point you in the general direction and you could narrow and find specifically what you need there.????

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/commy-j7-prime-2017-3300-mah-1-samsung-galaxy-j7-prime-2017-i410380603-s795736441.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.61836079iLT1Mh&search=1

This one also has a 1 yr warranty and the price reflects that in my opinion.

• Thanks 1