Thai Boxing

Wadey

I live in Chiang Mai and I would like to know the best place to learn Thai Boxing. I basically want the exercise and to meet new people (Thai and Farang). Any recommendations?

I know of a few Thai Boxing camps, but none in Chang Mai. However, check out this site: www.horizonmuaythai.com

It is based in Koh Phangan, but they also list other boxing camps in Thailand (haven't checked, so not sure if there is one in Chang Mai). If not, ask them, they're a friendly bunch.

lanna muay thai is an established camp with history in the area

the last time i visited there was another camp that headlined a couple of shows...i can't recall the camp name but their fighters showed good technique

if u vistit the boxing stadium in chiang mai u will find a couple of camps...u'll probably find the camp who's name escapes me...they seemed to compete regularly

there is a farang somewhere in chiang rai...i read an article on him and would love to trace the guy and if allowed learn from him...he trains traditionally and works out in the jungle/woods...

in the article the farang ajarn came across as an excellent teacher with a real passion for muay thai and strong morals :o