Notarized Passport Brit Embassy

This seems silly to but a British friend told me that u have to have your British passport notarized(new rule) at the British Embassy in Bangkok if you want to be a sponsor for the wife or girlfriend. The reason they gave is because of all the fake passports knocking about or maybe another way to make money eh.

Any truth in this?

Cheers

This seems silly to but a British friend told me that u have to have your British passport notarized(new rule) at the British Embassy in Bangkok if you want to be a sponsor for the wife or girlfriend. The reason they gave is because of all the fake passports knocking about or maybe another way to make money eh.

Any truth in this?

Cheers

Have just applied for and got a visa for my wife.....I too had heard of this notarising thing.....and ignored it.........the same as i ignore all rumours......If you give too much credence to every rumour you hear...you would go loopy.

If you are still really unsure...then contact the British Embassy.....best done by email...as that way you may possibly get an answer.................as for using the telephone to speak to them..........FORGET IT!

I have tried many many times...and have never spoken to them yet..........perhaps it is because they are too busy......................excuse me while I fall into uncontrollable laughter!

Edited by ronw