Ltu Bangkok-dusseldorf

Planning my next trip to Europe (I stay near Brussels) around october (before it gets too cold to survive there :o )

Since no,one is flying BKK-BRU I need to go through AMS, CDG, FRA, LHR (tried them all)

Now I found German LTU flying BKK-Dusseldorf, which is 220km from BRU and for the price of 28k baht, tax included .

Etihad flies BKK-AbuDhabi-BRU for 37k as of June (next month), LTU at 28k might be a better deal.

Anyone flew them and how good was it?

Or other recommendations welcome?

I usually fly Qatar to CDG and fast train to Brussels, they are very good, often fly business class, but the price has increased from 56k in 2005 to 70k in 2007.... eco around 32k now

Also heard rumors China Airlines will be flying BKK-BRU this winter and Jet Air BRU-Mumbai-BKK

Edited by tartempion

Planning my next trip to Europe (I stay near Brussels) around october (before it gets too cold to survive there :o )

Since no,one is flying BKK-BRU I need to go through AMS, CDG, FRA, LHR (tried them all)

Now I found German LTU flying BKK-Dusseldorf, which is 220km from BRU and for the price of 28k baht, tax included .

Etihad flies BKK-AbuDhabi-BRU for 37k as of June (next month), LTU at 28k might be a better deal.

Anyone flew them and how good was it?

Or other recommendations welcome?

I usually fly Qatar to CDG and fast train to Brussels, they are very good, often fly business class, but the price has increased from 56k in 2005 to 70k in 2007.... eco around 32k now

Also heard rumors China Airlines will be flying BKK-BRU this winter and Jet Air BRU-Mumbai-BKK

Hi TT

Do a Thaivisa search ...LTU were discussed a month or so back.

TBWG :D

Hi TT

Do a Thaivisa search ...LTU were discussed a month or so back.

TBWG :D

Did so before I posted :o

But you can not search with less than 4 letters (LTU) , tried some other combinations at no avail, will try again :D and slip thru some posts....

Update: yep, found the thread.

Not sure seat arrangement similar to charter or not, otherwise they seem ok.

Thanks

Edited by tartempion

Als ge van den Bels zeit, or maybe youre Belgian and able to rad Dutch: there are some 9-10 pages on this on the dutch forum called tahialndforum (reizen naar Thailand) clickable on thailand.startpagina.nl

in German: on the forum of reise-preise.de

In short: its a CHARTER airline that offers mediocre service and only eco/eco-plus seats. they now do cheap singles and are german-relaible.

Ive booked yerteray for just a short+cheap stint ex Nl to Thai: on SQ a signle for 135 EUr AMS-SIN!!! and then airasia to BKK and back in june to DUS: single came to 14.000 THB all-in

Aklso they offerbiet undflieg= you make an offer (lower as the web....) and often people in DE have reported that they acept singles all in Bkk-DUS for just 200 eur, in LOW season=now only!

they have the smallest legroom of all airlines in the world doing long-haul flights: 77,6 cm

if you are 175cm+, expect a journey same as a pain in the a*s.

and yeah , the service sucks, and only the basic food and drinks are free (beer is not for free).

as has been said b4, its actually a charter airline. I wouldnt fly them on a long-haul flight, though, their price for a one-way-ticket to Germany is unbeatable (except KUWAIT AIR to FRA, but they are fully booked at 99% of the time). and they are EXTEMELY STRICT when it comes to luggage weight (almost same as airasia).

but u can buy their LTU-card before (35 Euro, if I remember that right) and then u will have a 30-Kg-allowance plus reservation of seats free of charge....