Netizens complain after Let’s Go Halves registration is full in 10 minutes

webfact

20 minutes ago, treetops said:

Just don't post rubbish then no-one will misinterpret it.

Oh, I got it! You did also misinterpret it. ???? Otherwise, why engage yourself in something you were not a part of?

Anyway, now I know that I will have to take caution in a number of ways, so that I will post things that everyone understand in the future.

1 minute ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Anyway, now I know that I will have to take caution in a number of ways, so that I will post things that everyone understand in the future.

Don't bother, most of us can read minds!

• Haha 1

Wow, 150 Baht per day and total maximum of 3,500 Baht? Seriuosly?

I mean it's better than nothing, 3,500 Baht for free. On the other hand I have to agree with some that it's more of a PR stunt of the government rather than real help.

If they would just think for a second and would have some competent people in government and administration, they would have followed the example of Germany and lowered the VAT for a certain period. Easy to implement and everybody benefits from this.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

with the quota of 1.34 million users filled in a mere 10 minutes, leading to complaints.

And a fair percentage of those lucky ones financially don't need it... it should be targeted towards those who are out of work and receiving support, registered with the unemployment agency.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CLW said:

Wow, 150 Baht per day and total maximum of 3,500 Baht? Seriuosly?

I mean it's better than nothing, 3,500 Baht for free. On the other hand I have to agree with some that it's more of a PR stunt of the government rather than real help.

If they would just think for a second and would have some competent people in government and administration, they would have followed the example of Germany and lowered the VAT for a certain period. Easy to implement and everybody benefits from this.

Yes; everyone including all the rich people who can afford to pay it !   Anyway; VAT is so low in Thailand it's not that much of a burden.

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Nobody complained in the beginning, started about 6 months ago and the first allocation took weeks to be used up. Didn't become popular until people began to realise how good it was and now everyone is desperate to get in before it comes to an end.

Having been in the We Travel Together scheme, my wife was familiar with the setup and taught many how to use it since it all first started.

Despite what many seem to think, it was never about giving money to the poor, it was about encouraging those that were going to spend, to spend in small business rather than the larger ones.

Correct, it was to support small businesses, give them some cash flow that in some cases help pay wages for others employed by them. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

The scheme was not only aimed at small business. My GF used the 50/50 app to pay for the resort when we travelled to an Island last September. That resort for sure was not a small business.

A big island resort for 150 baht per day sounds good.  Care to share the name?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

The scheme was not only aimed at small business. My GF used the 50/50 app to pay for the resort when we travelled to an Island last September. That resort for sure was not a small business.

There are 2 different schemes, "We travel together" and 50/50, different sections within the same app. There wouldn't be any resorts on the 50/50.

On the travel scheme you get a voucher towards food that gets you a 40% discount. We have been to restaurants and not had enough left on the voucher to cover the full bill and used the 50/50 for the balance, with some takeaway beer at the same time..

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:43 PM, Danny Australia said:

Think you might find that was  completely different scheme, hotel cost share with the government. 

I might have done it by having a registration “window” of say 96 hours.. then have someone, perhaps the GLO or a non-governmental entity, then do a “draw” from the pool of registrations received within the registration window..

that way there really isn’t a mad rush to sign up and the people who receive it are random.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 1:45 PM, new2here said:

I might have done it by having a registration “window” of say 96 hours.. then have someone, perhaps the GLO or a non-governmental entity, then do a “draw” from the pool of registrations received within the registration window..

that way there really isn’t a mad rush to sign up and the people who receive it are random.. 

All a bit academic, the scheme has come to an end.

My wife has just told me of another scheme, she has been allocated 7000 baht and this time no need to spend your own money. Apparently only open to those that have no income.

Just waiting to here from the experts on here how the government have got it wrong again.

35 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My wife has just told me of another scheme, she has been allocated 7000 baht and this time no need to spend your own money. Apparently only open to those that have no income.

Just waiting to here from the experts on here how the government have got it wrong again.

Low income people qualify and it's 3500 baht per month total 7000 baht I think valid until May and to be spent in participating retail outlets, you dont get cash just credits as I understand it, what have the government got wrong? 30 million people can apply not too sad in my eyes

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

My gf was just waffling about this and how she gets 2,000 initially and then 1,000 every 7 or 10 days, think it is a discount on bought goods, as in the 50/50 thingy and not cash in hand .

Not too sure as my eyes started to glaze over after a few minutes

I did ask her if she got the 5,000 from Prayut, rebate for the electric meter , the 3,000 promised from the Tessabahn or qualified for the previous 50/50 scheme ??

I think she got my point.

But, hopefully this one will work out and faith in the government will be restored ..... ????

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My gf was just waffling about this and how she gets 2,000 initially and then 1,000 every 7 or 10 days, think it is a discount on bought goods, as in the 50/50 thingy and not cash in hand .

Not too sure as my eyes started to glaze over after a few minutes

I did ask her if she got the 5,000 from Prayut, rebate for the electric meter , the 3,000 promised from the Tessabahn or qualified for the previous 50/50 scheme ??

I think she got my point.

But, hopefully this one will work out and faith in the government will be restored ..... ????

That is the same as my my wife, 2000 on the 18th and 1000/week. It is credited to the app and you have to pay with the app but she said you can spend full amount, not have to add your own money to the app.

BTW it was 2000 rebate on the meter and we got that, and we have just about used up our 3500 on the 50/50. It was 3000 and they added another 500.