Paternity Leave In Uk

Hi all.

My Wife is presently pregnant and we are considering having the baby in Thailand, as with our first baby when we were previously living in Thailand the hospital and medicare were exceptional.

The question I am trying to find answers for is if I work in the UK and my wife has the baby overseas would I as the father be entitled to paternity leave to visit and then return to the Uk with my wife and newborn child?

I am not too sure if there any restrictions to entitlement if my wife is having the baby overseas.

I look forward to your answers

Thanks..... slippery

Hi all.

My Wife is presently pregnant and we are considering having the baby in Thailand, as with our first baby when we were previously living in Thailand the hospital and medicare were exceptional.

The question I am trying to find answers for is if I work in the UK and my wife has the baby overseas would I as the father be entitled to paternity leave to visit and then return to the Uk with my wife and newborn child?

I am not too sure if there any restrictions to entitlement if my wife is having the baby overseas.

I look forward to your answers

Thanks..... slippery

My wife has just had our baby in thailand late last year and i had no problem got 13 weeks in total till the child is 5 years old 2 weeks with some money and the other 11 weeks unpaid.

Kerrs