Jump to content

Ex-minister Banyin gets death for premeditated murder of property tycoon


webfact

Recommended Posts

Ex-minister Banyin gets death for premeditated murder of property tycoon

By THE NATION

 

800_64eb3c8f98794f2.jpg?v=1611128786

Banyin Tangpakorn

 

Phra Khanong Criminal Court on Wednesday sentenced deputy commerce minister Banyin Tangpakorn to death for the premeditated murder of building contractor Chuwong Sae Tang.

 

On July 26, 2015, billionaire Chuwong was found dead in the front seat of a car driven by Banyin. Investigators later proved that the accident scene had been set up to conceal the fact that Chuwong had been murdered by Banyin earlier.

 

Banyin, who is in prison for falsifying documents and the murder of a judge’s brother, was informed of the death sentence.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401525

 

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-20
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a face of evil and epitomises everything wrong about greed and the need for wealth.

 

Is he appealing & if so, will he get bail?  😞

 

Ah, he's in jail already - so no bail for him. Good. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

This is a face of evil and epitomises everything wrong about greed and the need for wealth.

 

Is he appealing & if so, will he get bail?  😞

 

Ah, he's in jail already - so no bail for him. Good. 🙂

 

Rather ironic, banyin was a police investigator for many years but somehow he thought he could stage an accident where the victim was supposedly killed in a car crash but had already been murdered earlier by banyin, and he thought the cops would fall for it.

 

He always was an arrogant and over-confident piece of rubbish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Rather ironic, banyin was a police investigator for many years but somehow he thought he could stage an accident where the victim was supposedly killed in a car crash but had already been murdered earlier by banyin, and he thought the cops would fall for it.

 

He always was an arrogant and over-confident piece of rubbish.

 

Should have tossed him off a balcony.  That's usually good for a suicide ruling.  Covering up a plethora of injuries.

 

I'd also suggest a hanging (maybe with his hands tied behind him), because those get dismissed pretty regularly as suicides.  But he probably already had other injuries.

 

He may have gotten away with it had the caddie not gotten so much money.  NOBODY can believe that.

 

BTW, what's the deal with the judge's brother he's already banged up for?  A judge's brother....bad move.  Maybe that's why he got the death penalty.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, thequietman said:

This is a face of evil and epitomises everything wrong about greed and the need for wealth.

 

Is he appealing & if so, will he get bail?  😞

 

Ah, he's in jail already - so no bail for him. Good. 🙂

 I suspect there will be no bail because banyin has spoken before about committing suicide.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

It would appear that one of the pre requisites to be in any government here you have to be a real bad ass, drugs, murder, what next rock n roll 😂😂😂 

 

See also Thamanat Prompow, also known as Thammanat Prompao, Yuthaphum Bophlom, Manat Bophlom, and Patchara Prompao

 

 

 

 

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

Rather ironic, banyin was a police investigator for many years but somehow he thought he could stage an accident where the victim was supposedly killed in a car crash but had already been murdered earlier by banyin, and he thought the cops would fall for it.

 

Note that Banyin's first wife died under eerily similar cirmcustances ages ago. So maybe the cops did fall for it?

 

 

 

Interesting that there is no mention of the money.

 

First rule in Thailand: Never, ever follow the money.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I wonder how many death sentences in Thailand have actually been carried out over the last, say, 30 years ...

The Last Executioner

by

Chavoret Jaruboon

This is a pretty good read

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

 

Rather ironic, banyin was a police investigator for many years but somehow he thought he could stage an accident where the victim was supposedly killed in a car crash but had already been murdered earlier by banyin, and he thought the cops would fall for it.

 

He always was an arrogant and over-confident piece of rubbish.

Given his various activities, his morals and ethics, when he was a senior policeman I wonder how many innocent people he railroaded to ensure he gained something or he wasn't investigated, or how many bribes he took so that guilty rich folks were not investigated/prosecuted? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Banyin, who is in prison for falsifying documents and the murder of a judge’s brother, was informed of the death sentence

Looks like more porridge...

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

It would appear that one of the pre requisites to be in any government here you have to be a real bad ass, drugs, murder, what next rock n roll 😂😂😂 

You forgot ex-beauty queen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

sometimes you have to pay for your greed..

For some people there is never enough...

should play the greatest showman song as he swings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

 

 

 

i'd call it an amazing career...from being a minister to be on death row

Should rename  the corridors of power "the green mile".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, impulse said:

BTW, what's the deal with the judge's brother he's already banged up for?  A judge's brother....bad move.  Maybe that's why he got the death penalty.

Kidnapped him in an attempt to get this case dropped, when the judge wouldn't play ball he had the brother killed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, nahkit said:
15 hours ago, impulse said:

BTW, what's the deal with the judge's brother he's already banged up for?  A judge's brother....bad move.  Maybe that's why he got the death penalty.

Kidnapped him in an attempt to get this case dropped, when the judge wouldn't play ball he had the brother killed.

 

Yup.  That would do it...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, mfd101 said:

I wonder how many death sentences in Thailand have actually been carried out over the last, say, 30 years ...

Latest execution by lethal injection was on the 18th of June 2018

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...