To Pay, Or Not To Pay. That Is The Question?

Luckydog

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who was supervising this 14 year old with a loaned motorbike? Sounds like he just trashed it.

The kid most definitly should have taken better care of it or been restricted from using it. Nobody cares?

What are the odds he beat the crap out of it...joked around with his buddies.... saying that some farang schmuck would just pay to have it fixed.

This is an excellent opportunity to teach a 14 year old some responsibility and respect for others property.

All part of growing up.

Don't bother paying and lecturing her on the value of money and how you'll pay just this once because all she'll hear is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah here's the 10,000 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

That's as close to the core as one can get. Lecturing, explaining, pleading, begging, demanding, in fact anything other than the 'here's the 10,000' will be just background noise.

You could even say, I'm getting a mia noi and here's the 10000, the first bit will be ignored, betcha.

QUOTE by Neeranam: Today, 2007-05-11 20:12:22

Thais respect strength not weakness

Does anyone respect weakness??

The meek shall inherit the earth (if nobody harder has any objections).

Good luck to them, is what I say. We've pretty much used it up already :o:D :D

Some of the damage could have been through an accident, some sounds more like its not mine so why should I care.

IF you're prepared to help then pay half? IF you're prepared (this time) to pay all then make sure they both know that anymore damage is up to him and his Mum, and stick to it. Failing that although he's of legal age to ride a bike in LOS, I think it is 14 but correct me if I'm wrong, he's obviously too immature for that much responsibility so get him a push bike.

Can anyone else think of anymore, sensible, ways to handle the situation?

There should be a large warning at the airport.

"If a Thai woman has a son, never get romantically involved with her."

There are always problems. Why do you think there are so many single women with sons?

What a judicious advise and dazzling conclussion...

If you get involved, just do not do it romantically......

they do not deserve a romance, they are just problems.....

And of course, so many singles woman with sons, reason= there are always problems with them....

I can not understand why I did not see this correlation before..........

There are always problems. Why do you think there are so many single women with sons?

What a judicious advise and dazzling conclussion...

If you get involved, just do not do it romantically......

they do not deserve a romance, they are just problems.....

And of course, so many singles woman with sons, reason= there are always problems with them....

I can not understand why I did not see this correlation before..........

Learned this lesson long before I hit Thailand, torito. What was this thread about in the first place? Oh yes, Thai boys are often spoiled brats unless they have a farang dad to selflessly teach them the meaning of life. In the OP's place I would offer the boy all the fatherly advice he so badly needs. And kick ass if he doesn't pay heed!

Whatever you do, don't pay!!! Firstly, the boy screw it up himself and secondly, if you pay fo the damage to the bike then you will end up with loads of similar bills in the future!!!

My live-in GF has a Son back in the Village. He is 14yrs old. Three months ago she loaned him her New Meo so that he could get to school on time.

When she got it back last week is was in a he-ll of a state ie Panels Missing. Rear Brake not working. Kick starter missing. Mirrors missing. Damaged forks. Engine Valve burned out etc etc.

Now she wants me to pay for the repairs!

I say no-way. Am I right?

You better have a good look at your girlfriend bike if it is hers or someone elses with her number plate on it.

Used to be an insurance trick or are they not that smart in Thailand. :o

:o:D He,he - now THAT was funny! A point in my book dumspero! Cheers!
Agreed, don't pay.

If she puts up a fuss about it, throw a fit, cry, grab a knife and threaten to slash your wrists. That will put her off balance. (but it doesn't work so well the second time.)

Too Late Mate. She already did all that!

There are always problems. Why do you think there are so many single women.......

They've ALL got Bluddy kids.......so does that mean we should stay single and lonely until we peg out?

I came here to avoid that.

Here's a thought. This would never have happened if the OP had stayed in Brighton and married the geriatric widow of a cigarette and beer smuggling magnate.

Do you know Qwerty that is exactly what I was thinking?

It is life I guess...for some things are easy, for others hard...and sometimes those who get it easy, easy forget it, and those who got it harder, wants everybody to pay for it....

I think that if this young 14 years old boy gets a logging in this forum, he will name it unluckydog

Just a thought.

Edited by torito

so what did you decide, you lucky dog?

NEWSFLASH!

I refused to pay. She yelled at me for about an hour. I told her the door was open. She left.

But she came back later......on the bike that she had paid for.....I feigned sleep.

She cuddled up........Muttered "Why can't I leave you".

Why is it that you can do 99 GOOD things for these Girls. But do ONE thing that is not so good, and they make a great big hysterical fuss?

Thanks again for the great answers, Lads.

good job.

but see you didnt tell us how much of a pushover youve been. it would have changed many of our replies.

if you do their way 99 times and your way one time of course she wasnt going to leave you. now go help the boy..............lol.

so what did you decide, you lucky dog?

NEWSFLASH!

I refused to pay. She yelled at me for about an hour. I told her the door was open. She left.

But she came back later......on the bike that she had paid for.....I feigned sleep.

She cuddled up........Muttered "Why can't I leave you".

Why is it that you can do 99 GOOD things for these Girls. But do ONE thing that is not so good, and they make a great big hysterical fuss?

Thanks again for the great answers, Lads.

LD

in thailand a GF or a wife is the same thing. if you have been living together for a long time she will anticipate that you will be part of the family and as you are better funded then support her and her son.

if she came back it does indicte that she likes you maybe even love you. but she will continue to ask you to pay for things as she precives that yhis is your role.

I think that you need to sit down wth her and sort things out about fianaces. she may not like this but you will set out ground rules fro the future.

at any case after a good fight there is allways a great make up sex.. so have a ball

Just to get some of you lot back to reality, there are a good number of genuine single Thai women without kids in the country. You'll notice them if you're prepared to take time to look around.