What good options for Wifi to work for a month or two in Thailand ?

AMichigan

Hi,

I plan to stay in Thailand and interest to set up a wife cable modem like I have in US. We plan to stay maximum 2 months at a time. During those times plan to work from our home in Thailand coordinates with our business in US. Anyone has suggestions what the good options we could have? Here we pay Comcast $125 / month for fast internet speed, unlimited and Cable TV.

I would love to find options that not too crazy prices and can deactivate when I'm not there in Thailand or back to activate if go back. Fast internet speed for working purposes. We use internet all day long :)

Thank you for your suggestions.

AJ

Usually internet at home packages have a minimum term of one year. AIS offers VDSL without a contract: https://www.ais.co.th/fibre/nocontract/en/

It does of course also depend on the type of accommodation you will stay at. If it's a house or condo this should be no problem, but if you stay at an apartment some landlords might not want you to install your own connection.

Edited by jackdd

18 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

That will be fun, 2 weeks quarantine every 2 months. AIS fibre works good. You need a work permit to work here.

Agreed with AIS and can confirm getting work permit and visa was a royal pain in the a$$...easier to be a tourist

Thanks to all for the info. I'm a Thai citizenship born in Thailand so should not be a problem with a work permit. I want to install cable modem in my own home in Phatthalung. Of course this plan will be moved forward after COVID-19 almost gone ???? - good news it will soon (keep fingers cross)

One of my employees installed AIS 4G in his apartment. It was a router with a SIM card in it with a 4G data plan. He said the speeds were acceptable, allowing Netflix viewing with rare pauses. The price was 600THB per month, but had a 5GB limit on data. Not sure if this required any contract, or if it can be done month to month, but worth a look. The ability to move around with it would be a real convenience.