Thailand Tops The Tourism Destination List Despite Unrest

Jai Dee

Thailand tops the destination list despite unrest

A recent online survey says Thailand remains the top destination for travellers despite civil unrest in the country. Twenty percent of those surveyed in 10 countries by Visa Asia Pacific and the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) named Thailand as their most likely destination.

The survey of 5,050 people identified as committed or possible Asia travellers was conducted online between late February and March. About two-thirds of those surveyed had already visited Asia, and 47% of those had been to Thailand.

Thailand was again rated as the number one destination on travellers’ holiday lists, followed by Japan and China.

Thailand’s reputation as a relaxing place where people can enjoy the local culture, natural beauty and friendly people continue to increase in the minds of those looking to travel to Asia, despite international media attention on the country’s civil unrest ahead of the survey.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 12 May 2007

Thailand tops the destination list despite unrest

A recent online survey says Thailand remains the top destination for travellers despite civil unrest in the country. Twenty percent of those surveyed in 10 countries by Visa Asia Pacific and the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) named Thailand as their most likely destination.

The survey of 5,050 people identified as committed or possible Asia travellers was conducted online between late February and March. About two-thirds of those surveyed had already visited Asia, and 47% of those had been to Thailand.

Thailand was again rated as the number one destination on travellers’ holiday lists, followed by Japan and China.

Thailand’s reputation as a relaxing place where people can enjoy the local culture, natural beauty and friendly people continue to increase in the minds of those looking to travel to Asia, despite international media attention on the country’s civil unrest ahead of the survey.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 12 May 2007

JR Texas: prah......pah......gan.....dah :o:D :D :D

"Excuse me..........I'm due back on planet earth."

--Woody Allen

mmm.... let us massage those figures a little bit.

47% out of 66% said they'd already been to thailand (that's about 31%), yet 20% said they were likely to come back within 2 years ... so... 33% of them are staying away! :o

Actually, often hard to fathom how the media uses percentages so it could be about 40% not returning.

The whole exercise inflated because of 2008 olympics in beijing. Maybe lots of people will come to thailand to avoid the olympics.

anyway, you can read the whole report for a mere $499 at www.pata.org

ejoy

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. " Orwell

What I get out of this article is that Thailand is a top Asian destination!

Well that's true, it has been for the last decades.

On a global scale Thailand is a more modest destination.

What I do find encouraging is that Thailand used the internet FOR SOMETHING in the first place.

Baby steps, come on YOU CAN DO IT, the net will not bite you, it is OK, the net is your friend!

Yea, the facts and figures are all wrong, the methodology is tilted..... but look beyond that.... THEY USED THE NET

Wow, its like running water, plumbing etc being used for the first time!

when you repeat the lie , that doesn't make it the truth .................................

yes the word i used was LIE

if thailand is top ?? then the other countrys in the poll must be in dire straights because the tourist arnt in my neck of the woods :o