Hotel refusing to do Tm30

Hi there. 

So having a bit of an issue at my hotel. 

I booked into a hotel earlier today. Its a nice enough hotel in Hatyai that we have stayed in the past. On arrival I asked them to do a Tm30 report as I have to extend my visa tomorrow with immigration. 

They are refusing to do a Tm30 unless I pay them money. First 500 and now 1,000. I asked to get a refund for the week I have paid and they are refusing. 

Not sure what to do 

Just now, orchis said:

call immigration hotline.1178.

Not something I would normally say but in this case I agree. The hotel is required by law to submit TM30, which they can do in minutes online, and in refusing to do so they are breaking the law.

It's unbelievably frustrating. My fiance who is thai offered to help them but they refuse without money. 

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

They are required by law to report, which hotel is this?

I am still in negotiations with hotel. 

I would just inform them that they can either do the TM30 or you will file a police report tomorrow.

If they don't do it visit immigration tomorrow, file an official police report because they break the law, and then attach a copy of this police report instead of the TM30 receipt to your extension application, might work.

Demand to talk to owner/manager of the Hotel.

Tell him that you need the TM-30 notification as you are applying for your extension tomorrow at Immigration, and that the place you are staying is required by Thai law to do it.

When they refuse, call 1178 and have them explain that their refusal will also have consequences for the Hotel, because you stayed in the Hotel and they can be fined for not notifying that a foreigner is staying there.

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

I would just inform them that they can either do the TM30 or you will file a police report tomorrow.

If they don't do it visit immigration tomorrow, file an official police report because they break the law, and then attach a copy of this police report instead of the TM30 receipt to your extension application, might work.

Thanks. We told them already if they don't refund my money I will call police. They agreed to refund 6 nights initially but incredibly now saying that they have no cash and will refund to my fiancé's bank tomorrow.  I paid them for a week in full in cash when we checked in at 3:15pm.

1 minute ago, Leon1980 said:

Thanks. We told them already if they don't refund my money I will call police. They agreed to refund 6 nights initially but incredibly now saying that they have no cash and will refund to my fiancé's bank tomorrow.  I paid them for a week in full in cash when we checked in at 3:15pm.

That's all good however doesn't solve your TM30 problem. For me the extension is #1 priority.

Is there a hotel where you could check in of course making sure that they will do TM30 and provide printout for you.

Where was your previous hotel.

No offense but given that you have left it to last minute bit surprised that you did not insist on seeing the tm30 with this hotel when checking in.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

That's all good however doesn't solve your TM30 problem. For me the extension is #1 priority.

Is there a hotel where you could check in of course making sure that they will do TM30 and provide printout for you.

Where was your previous hotel.

No offense but given that you have left it to last minute bit surprised that you did not insist on seeing the tm30 with this hotel when checking in.

Hi Jack. We actually tried to do the visa extension last week and immigration gave us a link to a line app to book an appointment and given tomorrow. Our hotel last few days was in my girlfriends hometown of pattalung and I have the printout of that tm30. We messaged this hotel today as we travelled here to make sure they did it. However only when we got here was there a problem 

am i missing something here

I thought it was the hotels problem to notify immigration not his, so why would this effect his extension ?

If it does effect him, why can he not just do a TM30 before asking for extension.

I had to do this in my I.O , even though the hotel had notified immigration, but immigration still insisted i had to do a TM30, because i had been in a hotel, before they would let me do my 90 day report 

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:

You changed your location today, so is there any reason why you can't do the TM 30 yourself at immigration tomorrow?

I do not think there is any way to do a TM-30 notification on a hotel's behalf. You do not have the necessary documents.

There is one nasty possibility. With Covid-19, it is possible that the hotel's license lapsed. They may need money to bribe immigration to turn a blind eye to their taking a short term booking without a valid hotel license. Obviously, doing the TM-30 notification is evidence that they just did.

Update:

My fiance called immigration hotline and they simply told us to tell hotel that they must register us within 24 hours. Not much help. 

The hotel have now said that they will send someone to immigration tomorrow and they will do my tm30 . They said they are unable to do it online as they are not registered and could only do it in person. However, they say it could be after 11 and I have to be there at 10:15.

So I'm just going to call in to the office next to immigration that handles the tm30 before my appointment and explain everything. I have my tm30 printout for earlier this week in pattalung and I will have my fiance to translate. 

Thanks for all the advice 

20 minutes ago, Leon1980 said:

I have my tm30 printout for earlier this week in pattalung and I will have my fiance to translate. 

That would not be accepted since you are now in Hat Yai province and using the immigration office there.

1 hour ago, Leon1980 said:

Luckily I asked for a receipt today when I checked in so have that. 

Also have all the Facebook messenger exchanges from my fiance with the hotel for the past 4 hours if they deny anything. 

Cheers everyone 

This thread latest post indicates you might have time up your sleeve for extension

7 hours ago, Leon1980 said:

Luckily I asked for a receipt today when I checked in so have that. 

Also have all the Facebook messenger exchanges from my fiance with the hotel for the past 4 hours if they deny anything. 

Cheers everyone 

Immigration don't miss an opportunity, expect a fine up to 2,000 baht. 

Don't forget to give a hotel review on trip advisor. Shady landlords including condos don't want to do TM30s

Keep us up to date when you can.  Will be interesting to hear what you are told, if anything, but then this is Thailand.  Hopefully the Hotel does not try and make a claim of defamation against you for turning them in.

Just got the Tm30. So we explained it to a lady immigration officer and she went away for a while and sent out a younger guy who did it. 

She said that we should tell hotel that they must do next time. 

Thanks to everyone for great advice. I will definitely do review of hotel to warn other guests. 

IMG_20210129_092235.jpg

IMG_20210129_085641.jpg

Excellent result! 

Did you also notice that it seems that the 60 day covid extensions have been continued.

ps personally I would skip the review. It's well known that some hotels don't do TM30 (yes they should). 

You have your extension so happy ending.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent result! 

Did you also notice that it seems that the 60 day covid extensions have been continued. 

Cheers. 

There are not many other foreigners here but I did hear them tell a man that he should wait another week to do his extension. I can get my fiance to ask them if you wait a little ????

9 minutes ago, Leon1980 said:

Cheers. 

There are not many other foreigners here but I did hear them tell a man that he should wait another week to do his extension. I can get my fiance to ask them if you wait a little ????

Think it's pretty much certain. TV agent posted it in a thread yesterday (I posted their comment above).

I believe Ubonjoe is in process of translating it. 

Archived