Coming In June

Hello everyone, I am going to Phu Sing in June to spend some time with my TG and her family, I would like to ask if the locals can give me the name of some of the dealerships in the Surin or SiSaKet area. I want to put down 120,000 baht and make monthly payments. Izuzu or Nissan preferred . Thanks

I want to put down 120,000 baht and make monthly payments. Izuzu or Nissan preferred . Thanks

Foreigners are not eligible to buy a car on installments. Your TG could do it if she can show regular and enough monthly income.

To give you an idea about down payments and installments, here are two.

Isuzu D-Max CAB4 SL 2.5 power, 597,000 THB, down pay 149,250 THB, 48 months 10,597 THB

Isuzu D-Max CAB4 LS 3.0PH/VGS Turbo/AT 858,000 THB, down pay 257,400 THB, 48 months 14,214 THB

There are enough dealers in Surin prvince, especially in Surin City. Don't worry, wait till you are there.

Petch01

Hello everyone, I am going to Phu Sing in June to spend some time with my TG and her family, I would like to ask if the locals can give me the name of some of the dealerships in the Surin or SiSaKet area. I want to put down 120,000 baht and make monthly payments. Izuzu or Nissan preferred . Thanks

Why buy a new one? The second you drive it off the fore-court you've lost 3-4 k.US. Wake up and buy a good second hand one outright, then wait for your girlfriend to re-posess it, because it's not in your name :o

Petch01 Posted Yesterday, 2007-05-13 15:04:45

Foreigners are not eligible to buy a car on installments. Your TG could do it if she can show regular and enough monthly income.

It is possible to buy on finance. I have two friends who have both recently bought cars on finance without a Thai signator. Both needed work permits, letter of employment and copies of their passports. Toyota asks for 25% down, Nissan and Ford asked for 30% but both agreed to do it for 25%. (One friend bought Toyota, the other a Ford). I was also accepted but changed my mind. As long as you have been in the country in a stable job for a year they have no problem with giving you the finance.

It is possible to buy on finance. I have two friends who have both recently bought cars on finance without a Thai signator. Both needed work permits, letter of employment and copies of their passports. Toyota asks for 25% down, Nissan and Ford asked for 30% but both agreed to do it for 25%. (One friend bought Toyota, the other a Ford). I was also accepted but changed my mind. As long as you have been in the country in a stable job for a year they have no problem with giving you the finance.

New to me. Thanks for the info.

Petch01

Was producing the work permit and letter of employment etc. a condition of the finance, or a condition of the sale/registration of the vehicle?

If you're a cash-buyer with a valid non-im 'B' (but no WP yet), is it possible buy a car?

Thanks, in advance.

Why buy a new one? The second you drive it off the fore-court you've lost 3-4 k.US. Wake up and buy a good second hand one outright, then wait for your girlfriend to re-posess it, because it's not in your name :o

I agree with the first bit about not buying new, but why WOULDN'T the vehicle be in his name unless he didn't want it to be? :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Tom Kagai Posted Today, 2007-05-14 12:33:19

Was producing the work permit and letter of employment etc. a condition of the finance, or a condition of the sale/registration of the vehicle?

If you're a cash-buyer with a valid non-im 'B' (but no WP yet), is it possible buy a car?

Thanks, in advance.

WP and letter of employment (with salary stated) was a condition of the finance agreement, also had to show bank book. I understand (maybe wrong so would be happy to corrected), that it is possible to have the car in your name without WP but with non-im B visa. WP makes it easier.

Firstly to Globerider, second hand cars in LOS do not depreciate like they do in the west. That is exactly why we buy new, because the non maintained, falsified mileage, accident damaged second hand cars are bad buys in the main. New cars carry so little premium that it is so much more preferable.

Westerners can buy on finance and whilst the usual route is AP etc. you can buy without if you have 40% downpayment. Some guys do this in Pattaya.

Of course you can buy in your name if you have any type of non immigrant visa and a letter from immigration confirming your address.

From my experience (heading north tomorrow to sort out a new truck), 15% down should be achievable with a guarantee and 25% down without a guarantee.

Wqatch out for Isuzu now quoting prices as before but now not including aircon which adds another 25k or so to the price. They offer "free"insurance but as this is worth about 18k on an 800k truck it is no bargain.

Best deals up north on Toyota as everyone buys Isuzu.

Firstly to Globerider, second hand cars in LOS do not depreciate like they do in the west. That is exactly why we buy new, because the non maintained, falsified mileage, accident damaged second hand cars are bad buys in the main. New cars carry so little premium that it is so much more preferable.

Westerners can buy on finance and whilst the usual route is AP etc. you can buy without if you have 40% downpayment. Some guys do this in Pattaya.

Of course you can buy in your name if you have any type of non immigrant visa and a letter from immigration confirming your address.

From my experience (heading north tomorrow to sort out a new truck), 15% down should be achievable with a guarantee and 25% down without a guarantee.

Wqatch out for Isuzu now quoting prices as before but now not including aircon which adds another 25k or so to the price. They offer "free"insurance but as this is worth about 18k on an 800k truck it is no bargain.

Best deals up north on Toyota as everyone buys Isuzu.

Torrenova, let me know how your dael works out and Thanks for the info

The exact reason I want to buy a New Pick-up: I have read too many stories about second hand Pick-ups, there is no lemon law in Thailand, and I will be putting the Pick-up in my TG's name, I travel back and forth to Thailand every 3-4 months, I work in Iraq, I plan on retiring in Thailand in a few years.

In my TG's village, she has a friend who is engaged to a Fa-rang and he just put 100,000 baht down and pays 10,000 baht a month, for a new Toyota Pick-up, and he Travels back and forth, same as I do. I will find out in June.