Error 522, Error 522, Error 522

Pilotman

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

This website is driving me crazy

Check to see if your browser is suggesting an update. My Error 522 went away after a browser update. May just be coincidence, but 522 went away a week or two ago.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, J Town said:

Check to see if your browser is suggesting an update. My Error 522 went away after a browser update. May just be coincidence, but 522 went away a week or two ago.

browser is up to date.  Come up on multiple browsers.  I have no other issues with other websites, so its clearly a TVF issue. They need to get it sorted pronto, or this website is  a dead forum, as many who have gone before have become dead ends.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

As a temporary solution try a VPN that puts you outside Thailand so you are not using the Thai CloudFlare server which seems to have some strange issues with some connections. 

A VPN to Perth, Australia seemed to have the best results.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Paddypower is given odds of 3/4 it may of been fixed..then again they are saying 3/4 is not.

Well, four out of three people aren't good at math.

Edited by J Town

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

As a temporary solution try a VPN that puts you outside Thailand so you are not using the Thai CloudFlare server which seems to have some strange issues with some connections. 

CloudFlare is working fine, the problem seems to be the TV servers.

I have now given up trying to comment on this. This, and so many other issues have plagued TVF for weeks now. To me it looks like the TVF admin team is totally incompetent. Better start hiring better talent, instead of the cheap Indians.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, J Town said:

Which browser are you referring to? I have used 5 different, and they all fail.

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:
26 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

CloudFlare is working fine, the problem seems to be the TV servers.

I have now given up trying to comment on this. This, and so many other issues have plagued TVF for weeks now. To me it looks like the TVF admin team is totally incompetent. Better start hiring better talent, instead of the cheap Indians.

Don't shoot the messenger!! VPNing outside Thailand works for many, myself included.

I personally know some of the Admins - they are really decent people who do the best they can. Thailand is known for "tinkering" with the internet and this occasionally bites us, but don't blame the staff.

Several options have been made available to you. Rock on, use the options, and happy posting.

15 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Do you have an example of another site?

Sadly no, it was in a post by a member in one of the other threads on the same subject, I don't recall him giving an example.

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

Do you have an example of another site?

I only find TV has this issue every day for several weeks now, never noticed on any other site and I visit many.

These sites use Cloudflare DNS

jquery.com
digg.com
digitalocean.com

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

that seems to work, thanks Crossy 

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am on True Online for my connection and not getting the 522 failures.

Most people that are getting it are using TOT it seems.

Been getting the 522 msg on TV (all other sites work fine) for about two weeks now, doesn't matter which browser I use...but yep, I'm on TOT.

It is weird tho, first off you can't get TV no matter what you try and then all of a sudden everything back to normal...if it gets worse I may try the VPN route

15 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Been getting the 522 msg on TV (all other sites work fine) for about two weeks now, doesn't matter which browser I use...but yep, I'm on TOT.

It is weird tho, first off you can't get TV no matter what you try and then all of a sudden everything back to normal...if it gets worse I may try the VPN route

When I was getting the 522, I just kept retrying or refreshing. I think up to 5 tries max got me where I wanted to go.

I may be a bit thick and I certainly struggle when it comes to understand the inner workings of the Internet, but what I am really struggling to grasp is why I can access TVF via a VPN in Singapore but I cannot access it easily using my TOT connection, surely everything comes down the same TOT pipe.

Like others I have  to make a few attempts before I can log on, then as soon as I click on a link I'm back to 522, I really do wonder if it's worth it.

I do pay for a VPN, but only on my laptop, I don't really want to, or feel the need, to have on my tablet and phone just to access the TVF. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

If the only way of accessing thaivisa.com from inside Thailand was through a VPN, then we would need to seriously wonder, I fear, whether the powers-that-be have made a conscious and deliberate decision to block access to this site from inside Thailand. In particular, they may well have got heartily sick of the fact that we aren't reporting on a regular basis our ecstatic delight at skipping up and down our sois fulsomely singing the praises of their various immigration-related requirements to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread!

While it certainly appears that the current access difficulties are solely confined to TOT subscribers, who is to know when or if subscribers of remaining Thai ISP's may be similarly affected? Since TOT are, according to Wikipedia, state-owned (see link below), they could possibly be blazing the trail for them all??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOT_Public_Company_Limited

Having got absolutely nowhere these past few days in accessing thaivisa.com via TOT without receiving constant Error 522 messages, I have finally enjoyed success through creating a hotspot with my AIS mobile. But how much longer will this continue to be possible, I wonder, before I, too, am finally driven down the VPN route?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OJAS said:

If the only way of accessing thaivisa.com from inside Thailand was through a VPN, then we would need to seriously wonder, I fear, whether the powers-that-be have made a conscious and deliberate decision to block access to this site from inside Thailand. In particular, they may well have got heartily sick of the fact that we aren't reporting on a regular basis our ecstatic delight at skipping up and down our sois fulsomely singing the praises of their various immigration-related requirements to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread!

While it certainly appears that the current access difficulties are solely confined to TOT subscribers, who is to know when or if subscribers of remaining Thai ISP's may be similarly affected? Since TOT are, according to Wikipedia, state-owned (see link below), they could possibly be blazing the trail for them all??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOT_Public_Company_Limited

Having got absolutely nowhere these past few days in accessing thaivisa.com via TOT without receiving constant Error 522 messages, I have finally enjoyed success through creating a hotspot with my AIS mobile. But how much longer will this continue to be possible, I wonder, before I, too, am finally driven down the VPN route?

well the last people to ask are TVF support,  who are acting like rabbits in headlights, silent ones that is.  They seem to  have no answers, or advice,  on a website that is deteriorating by the week. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

well the last people to ask are TVF support,  who are acting like rabbits in headlights, silent ones that is.  They seem to  have no answers, or advice,  on a website that is deteriorating by the week. 

I assume you're not including the Mod who offered you some advice, and who you publically thanked?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Thanks - they all open OK whereas TV still does 522 error unless using a VPN. Until now no other site causes this for me. I'm on TOT.

753298680_Screenshot2021-01-31141225.jpg.8f979899b971ceecaed84705ad134c3c.jpg

Same here

in Thailand and using TOT and error 522 on a daily routine basis since 3 or 4 days

only thai visa forum is impacted, all the others sites are functioning normaly with no any problem

i am not going to use a VPN or nothing else to try to solve a problem that isn't mine

i will just wait the person supposed to be in charge of this forum will act in a way

to do it easy to people to use it, as we say in Thailand ''up to you''

• Haha 1