Where to buy alcohol 'Miniatures' in Chiang Mai?

FolkGuitar

I need two tablespoons of Vodka for a cooking recipe. I don't drink Vodka so I don't want to buy a large bottle, and I doubt that many bars sell shots 'to go.'  Miniatures seems to be the way to move forward.

Have you seen them for sale around Chiang Mai?

Thanks

Vodka is relatively cheap here.  Of course, it doesn't  go off over time, so I  suggest getting a half bottle and just use it over time. I do that with brandy that I use for cooking, but don't drink.  Malt Whisky on the other hand, I drink, but don't cook with. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lacessit said:

Some brands have a 200 mL bottle, can't say I've seen miniatures.

Try Thai Airways, I think they'll have a surplus of them.

7-11’s... Smaller bottles, but not miniatures... Keep the rest in the freezer and give visiting friends a vodka tonic. 

Thai Airways didn’t use miniatures, a wink and smile would get you are larger pour of the ‘unknown Whisky’ they’d downgraded to, full on flirting would get you a large ‘Jonnie Walker Black from Business class’ !!! 

I think....maybe....the liquor store on the west side of the Maejo Road, about 300m north of the Superhighway, has mini-bottles. 

I could be wrong; I have not been in there for ages, but I have a vague impression I have seen such a thing there. 

• Thanks 1

Go to a bar and order a shot of it and pour it in a tiny bottle.....or the small bottles at 7-11 as noted..

As someone who has cooked all my life vodka has literally no taste and usually burns off...cant see it affecting a recipe if you skip it altogether......

Wine on the other hand...a nice Cabernet in a beef stew...... ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

As someone who has cooked all my life vodka has literally no taste and usually burns off...cant see it affecting a recipe if you skip it altogether......

Normally, I'd agree with you on this point. But in this case, I want to use it to lower the freezing point of a frozen dessert so that it doesn't crystalize. Leaving it out in the past has resulted in a block of ice rather than a creamy dessert!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Go to a bar and order a shot of it and pour it in a tiny bottle.....or the small bottles at 7-11 as noted..

Wine on the other hand...a nice Cabernet in a beef stew...... ????

Go to a bar and order a shot of it and pour it in a tiny bottle.....Very practical solution, take a small container to a bar. Simple and easy as that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Normally, I'd agree with you on this point. But in this case, I want to use it to lower the freezing point of a frozen dessert so that it doesn't crystalize. Leaving it out in the past has resulted in a block of ice rather than a creamy dessert!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifreeze#Propylene_glycol

seems to be used commercially...

• Thanks 1