Fit to fly - 72 hours?

3 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Not seen a fit to fly certificate but sure it will be similar to the one I've just filled in myself to pass through Amsterdam. Questions about your general health and sign. Just an extra level of bureaucracy.

It has to be signed by a doctor and must have a letterhead for them, a clinic or hospital.

4 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Not seen a fit to fly certificate but sure it will be similar to the one I've just filled in myself to pass through Amsterdam. Questions about your general health and sign. Just an extra level of bureaucracy.

If you try that I'm afraid your trip will end before it begins. Best of luck to you

On 2/5/2021 at 8:32 AM, Clarkey611 said:

NEWS

When you get to your hotel, they will wait a couple of days and then tell you that instead of being allowed out to the relaxation area  on Day 7 after the result of your first negative PCR test (Day 6), you will not be allowed out until Day 14 after your second negative test (Day 13) because that you are a big risk having arrived from the UK. This means that cleaning, if you want it, will not be available until that point. The sheets and towels by that time will be able to walk to the washing machine by themselves. 

Watch out for the scams such as having to pay THB 300 for having some clothes delivered to your room. In addition, you will be charged the following if you need extras:

20 ฿ Tea bag

25 ฿ Sachet of coffee

25 ฿ Sachet of milk creamer

15 ฿ Sachet of sugar

The hotel will sell it to you in a pack of 10.

I suggest you bring all the you need to cover the 16days, 15 nights

Thank you but I think it depends on the hotel not all are the same. Two friends of mine who left before me, one from Italy and another from the UK, none of them has reported any problems during their quarantine period

Rather just one thing I would like to know: my friend from UK has said that his quarantine lasted only 10 days  instead of 2 weeks, has the quarantine period been reduced to 10 days? What did I miss?

Edited by Russel

3 minutes ago, Russel said:

Rather just one thing I would like to know: my friend from UK has said that his quarantine lasted only 10 days  instead of 2 weeks, has the quarantine period been reduced to 10 days?

It is still 14 days.

Maybe confusion with quarantine for entry to the UK.

1 hour ago, Russel said:

Thank you but I think it depends on the hotel not all are the same. Two friends of mine who left before me, one from Italy and another from the UK, none of them has reported any problems during their quarantine period

Rather just one thing I would like to know: my friend from UK has said that his quarantine lasted only 10 days  instead of 2 weeks, has the quarantine period been reduced to 10 days? What did I miss?

The hotel where I am quarantining has received a letter in Thai dated 30 December 2063 (2020) from the Disease Control people stating that the "inmates" from the UK either will not be allowed out during their stay or can be after the 2nd negative test on Day 13. This depends on the interpretation from the Thai. Quarantine in Thailand is still 16 days and 15 nights. The reduction down to 10 days will for those landing in the UK.

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

Only person I've heard of finishing quarantine on day 10 was due to being tested positive on day 0, after 10 days in hospital he and his family where released.

How do you test positive on day 0 if the first test isn't performed till day 3-4?

2 minutes ago, cpillow said:

How do you test positive on day 0 if the first test isn't performed till day 3-4?

Depends on the hotel, some are trialling 3 tests to see if they can cut quarantine time (trial started before the latest outbreak so don't hold your breath for it being cut soon).

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, cpillow said:

Some ASQ hotels include a Covid-19 test on arrival. 

Some ASQ hotels insist that you pay for a Covid-19 test on arrival if your ‘pre-flight’ Covid-19 test is outside of the 72 hr window by the time you arrive at the ASQ hotel. 

In both scenarios above - a ‘guest’ will undertake 3 Covid-19 tests at the ASQ hotel.

Edited by richard_smith237

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is still 14 days.

Maybe confusion with quarantine for entry to the UK.

No no he is currently in LOS and has stated that his quarantine lasted 10 days however I will ask him a confirmation on that as soon as I contact him 

As for the UK 10 day quarantine, you don't need to undergo it if you arriving from Thailand, since the LOS is not in the UK red list

As regards the 72-hour window, it is not yet clear to me whether it refers to the date and time of the test, or the date and time of the issue of the result

21 minutes ago, Russel said:

As regards the 72-hour window, it is not yet clear to me whether it refers to the date and time of the test, or the date and time of the issue of the result

The day the result of the test is issued.